chloe chloe
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 26/8/2004 0:53
Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #1
I just thought i would let you all know about how my fantail is now!

I had a horrendous time with him and I can't believe that (a) he is still alive, and (b) that he is completed recovered.

I mean, it went on for at least a month with him first having swim-bladder (or at least something that was making him float upside down for days) to then developing REALLY bad fungus and lying on his side underneath the filter. He was in the hospital tank for 2 weeks in total and I used waterlife protozin (which i now swear by) and salt.

He has been back in the main tank now for a while and although the scales on his bum (unfortunately that's where the fungus was) still haven't completed come back (they are scales, but just white) he is swimming around more than he did initially! In fact, they all (Cod, Fat Girl Fish and Fishy!) seem much happier now.

So thanks everyone for your help! I'm sure that if I hadn't have found this forum, Fishy would definitely have been a gonner!
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Posted on: 26/8/2004 12:12
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #2
Happy to hear about it, Chloe.
Congratulations to you and to Fishy of course.
I was told Protozin is a good remedy covering wide spectrum of symptoms, although a guy in the shop where I bought my first fish said it was a bit old-fashioned. Old-fashioned or not it is good as long as it brings positive results!
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 26/8/2004 12:58
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #3
Glad to hear he made it!
Thanks to Fishy, I would consider using the Protozin now, as i have had fatal results with anything but salt and tea tree based medicines, such as Melafix and Aquarian First Aid
Resized Image
inder inder
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Berkshire
  • Posted on: 26/8/2004 13:42
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #4
Great news to hear

Hope all goes well from now on. I like what you've called your fish, great names
chloe chloe
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Posted on: 26/8/2004 15:14
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #5
Thank! I never really gave them names and just called the things like Fat Girl Fish and Cod because that is what they look like!

If you need anything that gets rid of fungus, protozin is the thing to use! If got rid of the fungus that Fishy had which was really advanced, it will get rid of anything! I did try using salt etc, but it was really bad so ended up having to use it. I'd definitely use it again, but wouldn't leave it so long next time.

I just can't honestly believe that Fishy actually recovered! Anyone who saw him all thought that he was on his way out!
inder inder
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Berkshire
  • Posted on: 26/8/2004 17:00
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #6
Best naming I think - what they look like or behave like, or just whatever you want I guess.

I called one of my Koi, 'koikoi' for no real reason
Anonymous  
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #7
good news then, im glad, keeped me informed. di
Anonymous  
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #8
i name my pets one thing and it usually changes several times as their characters develop
chloe chloe
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Posted on: 27/8/2004 16:24
Re: Final update on Fishy's recovery!!!! #9
Well to be honest, i had never given them names until people asked me questions about them and then i had to use something to describe which one I was talking about, so i used to say things like "well, do you know the Fat Girl Fish" and so it just stuck!

Cod is the only standard goldfish I have.