scatty scatty
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Oxfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 15/7/2012 15:46
Could i add any more fish? #1
Hi everyone how are we all? I was just wondering if i'm fully/overstocked or could add any more fish to my 100 litre cube? At the mo there are 3 BN plecs(all girls so no chance of babies) a 2 pitbull plecs 3 pepper corys 2 trilinius corys 8 glow light 6 neons 7 green neons and 5 green rasbora. The tank has been set up well over a year now with no problems.
PH 7.2
NH3 0
NO2 0
NO3 10
GH 7 drops
KH 2 drops
Thanks in advance for any advice Lisa
The day you stop caring is the day you should stop keeping any pet whether fur or fins!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 15/7/2012 17:22
Re: Could i add any more fish? #2
Hi Lisa,

Your 100 litre cube will be about 90 litres of water, or 20 gallons. Typical stocking guidelines would suggest 1 inch per gallon initially, rising gradually to a max of 2 inches per gallon when mature. This does tend to be based on relatively small, slim bodied fish with an average bioload though so in your case, with a number of high bioload plecs the maximum in fish inches per gallon would be a little lower.

At the moment this is how things look:

3 BN plecs(all girls) = 15 inches
2 pitbull plecs = 5 inches
3 pepper corys = 8 inches
2 trilinius corys = 4.5 inches
8 glow light = 12 inches
6 neons = 9 imches
7 green neons = 7 inches
5 green rasbora = 7.5 inches

Total = 68 inches.

I'm afraid that makes you way overstocked already to be honest so don't add anything more and do be vigialant with water testing.
scatty scatty
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Oxfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 15/7/2012 17:36
Re: Could i add any more fish? #3
Thank you fishlady for your help i thought that i would be the case but i'm glad you've put me straight. The only reason i asked is that someone has asked me to rehome some more tetras as his tank had sprung a leak. I'll thank him for his offer but turn him down. Glad i hadn't started setting up the QT tank yet as i now know i can't accomidate them long term. Thanks again Lisa
The day you stop caring is the day you should stop keeping any pet whether fur or fins!