joelhall joelhall
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 22/5/2007 11:43
nano ideas. #1
i have been planning to start up a marine tank, but have been unable to find a 60 gallon tank in my price range. Currently i have two tanks free, a 24 and 27 gallon tank. Would i be able to set up a nano FO aquarium and which fish would be suitable in this size? I would like to use the 27 as the show tank which is 32" long.
Coralline Coralline
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Advisers Registered Users
  • Posted on: 22/5/2007 14:19
Re: nano ideas. #2
yeah, use the 27 if its longer as it will give you more surface area. are you planning on fish only with live rock or without? if you are going with live rock, you dont need any other biologica filtration, you will just need pumps for circulation. do you have an idea of which fish you want to keep in it, if they are reef compatible, i would personally start a reef tank, you dont have to add coral straight away, you can just have fish and live rock, as most of the fish that are in the right size range for your tank will be reef fish anyway.
Gill

Resized Image

[url=http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_51/fishless-cycling-article.htm] 'CLICK ME' - 'Fishless Cycling' information - how to prepare your new t...