(1) 2 »
Deuce Deuce
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 3/10/2006 10:49
New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #1
Hi, I own Aquatic Impact (www.aquaticimpact.co.uk). We are about to launch an RO/frozen food delivery service in the Cambs area, the service will spread from there to cover mainland uk.

We need 12 monthly customers in each patch in order to proceed onto the next patch, in doing so we hope to create a useful service for Marine aquarists around the country. - its no fun going to the local aquatic centre every week and hauling 25l containers of water around!

Prices

Salted RO, TMC salt, TDS 007, Phosphate scrubbed and diionized - £8 per container

Fresh TDS 007, Phosphate scrubbed and diionized - £4

Frozen food (TMC Gamma range) £2.50 per packet.

Please contact us 07968 772798 / support@aquaticimpact.co.uk for full details and ordering.

Anyone quoting this website will recieve a 50p per container discount until the Cambs patch is established with 12+ customers.
Fishy-Fishy Fishy-Fishy
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From -
  • Group: FK Supporter Advisers Moderators Registered Users Deep End
  • Posted on: 3/10/2006 10:59
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #2
Brilliant! I have no need of this service myself but I will mention it to a few people. I saw a guy at the waterzoo the other day lugging 4 big bottles of RO I bet he would prefer them to be delivered!
Deuce Deuce
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 3/10/2006 16:08
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #3
I used to work at the water zoo, a LOT of people buy RO water from there and it really is a pain for them. We are able to deliver it for the same price shops sell it so you can guess what sort of markup they make!

I've just installed an automated production and storage system in my garage so it would be good to start selling it now I have so much...
Deuce Deuce
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 3/10/2006 16:14
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #4
In fact does anyone want a job? I need someone to walk up and down in front of the waterzoo dressed as Nemo with a sandwhich board advertising my water delivered. I can pay £5 per hour but u gotta stand ur ground if they ask you to move on.

It's worth thinking about.
TheDragonLord TheDragonLord
  • Pond Adviser
  • Pond  Adviser
  • From West Midlands
  • Group: Registered Users Advisers Deep End
  • Posted on: 3/10/2006 22:38
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #5
i know a couple of aquarium cleaning services that do the same thing, dunno if it was profitable enough for a full time job though as people want water delivered when it suits them

but good luck with it plus fresh RO is good in tropical aquariums, especially heavily stocked ones like mine (my tap water is good though)
There are no experts, mearly beginners who know more than others.

Support your LFS, online sites won't stay open 5 mins extra for you
Deuce Deuce
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 3/10/2006 22:59
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #6
We can deliver RO water pretty much anytime, we operate a container exchange so expect the same service as a traditional milkman. - leave the empties out on the day and we swap them for the new ones. The minimum order is 4 containers which sounds a lot but 98% pure water lasts for a very long time in a tub, also the trace elements of the salt mix will not disperse or bond in an oxygen free environment.

it may suprise you to know that 25l of salted RO using Tropic Marin salt only costs about £1.40 for us to produce. Normally I dont discuss costs v profit openly but in this case I feel its still worthwhile. ITs so much easier than picking it up yourself, we get the salt at a heavily discounted trade price and how many people really enjoy having seperate tubs around the house/garage to mix salt water? Also even the most modest RO unit will produce more water than the average aquarist can use, sure you can slow the flow down but then your expensive membrane lasts less time.

This idea makes sense on paper and thankfully to the real world as well.

It's just awkward to make people aware of it!
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Moderators Caresheets Image Admin Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 4/10/2006 12:41
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #7
Have made this a sticky to save members who wish to buy some water having to search for it Ok
Deuce Deuce
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 4/10/2006 16:44
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #8
Cheers Goldy.

Your a star

craigieboi craigieboi
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Midlothian
  • Posted on: 6/10/2006 22:29
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #9
am guessing theres no delivery up here in edinburgh?
Deuce Deuce
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 6/10/2006 22:56
Re: New service - RO water fresh and salted delivered in Cambs #10
Well all we need is 12 customers in any one area 100 miles across so given time...

Seriously though if there are any local shops (that dont sell it!) use them to get a group together and I'll send a van up fully loaded!