Hi all, new to the forum and I think my question my have been answered by reading the link about diseases, but if I could just get some clarfication? ...
I have had a black moor now for two weeks, its in a 10 litre tank. Had a dose of white spot on sunday, got some WS3 for it and treated it on Sunday eve, I have since noticed white furry bits on its tail?? Possibly fungus as mentioned on the link, but any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong for it to have developed? I have had the water tested and all is fine apart from too much waste in the tank - could this be the problem?
Definately, a 10L tank is far too small and 'too much waste' probably means high ammonia which is highly toxic. Do daily water changes of 10-20% and consider getting a much larger tank. You will also need to treat the fungus with something like esha2000 but not at the same time as the WS3. Esha claim you can use esha exit for whitespot while using esha2000 for the fungus. I have not read such a claim from king british products.
Also consider getting your own liquid based test kit too so you can do the tests yourself and post the results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph. This really is required for successful fishkeeping. If you do get the lfs to do your tests get them to write down the actual values for each chemical they test for not just summerise.
In 'the beggining' I used to ask the lfs to test the water they charged 50p per test (so £2 for all four) and always said "its fine" even when my sons first fish keeled over from what I now know was ammonia poisoning.
I didn't realise that for £15 I could buy the api mini master kit and do a years worth of weekly tests myself whenever I wanted.
sorry its a little rambling, its late but I hope it helps!
hi i have a 40 gallon tank i have 2 angels several danios and several small tetras plec banjo cat and tang eel i had 4 angels and 2 dwarf guramis but the guaramis and anegels stopped eating 1 gurami and 2 angels are dead i thought it was amonia or nitrate so treated my tank fot that but it didnt work my waters perfect no amonia nitrate and the ph is perfect im stumped and so is my local fish shop i need help plsssssssss :(
hiya! welcome to the forum, sorry to hear youve had a few losses, that not good. not eating can be a sign that they have an internal infection or parasites, how long were they not eating for? and how long had you had them? anything else you can tell us will be helpful too
[url=http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_51/fishless-cycling-article.htm] 'CLICK ME' - 'Fishless Cycling' information - how to prepare your new t...
i had the fish a few months and they stopped eating for about 5 days b4 dying i forgot 2 mention i lost a simese fighter aswell all i can say is my fish were eating 1 day the next they wernt eating and they would hide them selfs away bhind my plants the angels are amazon anges so have long fins and i notice wen they seem ill and not eating they keep there fins down and look dull
i noticed it first wen my fish was defacating and it was not like normal poo it was see frew were as usualy it is brown or red if u get my gist
i am gutted cos ive lost a lot off fish it isnt about the money i am bottered about but i spent alot on my fish any help or surgestions would b great i was thinkin off getting a anti bacterial medication wat u think ?