Tenbears101 Tenbears101
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 27/12 15:11
Blind Electric Blue Acarra with Popeye. #1
Hi. First time posting and looking for advice.
I have an E.B.A that's been blind since I've had him from a fry. About a week and a half ago I noticed some swelling at feeding time .( I use seachems garlic on sinking pellets as he finds these easily)
Over the space of a few days the swelling got more noticable and I started treating with waterlife myxazin I'm now in day 7 of treatment but his eye has gotten worse.
He's feeding as usual and swimmy about as usual but I am concerned how extreme his eye has gotten.
He shares a 250 liter tank with 8 keyhole, two angelfish and two other Electric Blue Acarra. About 2 months old. He rules the roost and has and no bullying has taken place.
* I had a plant that was cable tied and I think as he's blind he may have injured it possibly in that.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 28/12 11:17
Re: Blind Electric Blue Acarra with Popeye. #2
FInish the course of Myxazin and if there is still no improvement, switch to Esha 2000.
Tenbears101 Tenbears101
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 28/12 14:01
Re: Blind Electric Blue Acarra with Popeye. #3
Thanks for reply, should I consider an Epson salts bath to try relieve some of the fluid build up
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 28/12 15:55
Re: Blind Electric Blue Acarra with Popeye. #4
I wouldn't go that route as Epsom salts can do more harm than good. It isn't likely to help much with the swelling to be honest but may cause him to lose too much water from his body. If the Esha 2000 also doesn't help, the next step is antibiotics, but they are only available on vet prescription in the UK so you'd have to find a vet with knowledge of treating fish.