PH12345 PH12345
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 7/10 18:32
Esha treatment + Seachem Prime in tank?? Urgent!! #1
I am about to treat my tank which is approx 200 litres (the external filter holds approx 8 litres and the water volume is 192 litres) . My plan is to treat with Esha Exit, Esha 2000 and possibly Esha gdex to rule out fluke infestation. All at the same time.
The Esha instruction leaflet says the water conditioner has to be removed. I use Seachem Prime. How do I remove it? I have no space in the house for 10 buckets to let the chlorine evaporate from the water, I only have a single bucket..
I read that Prime breaks down within 48 hours. Can I add Esha products when 48 hours from the last water change have passed?
Is there a safe and a very basic conditioner to use that is ok to use with Esha products? I learned about Sodium Thiosulfate, how much would I need to add per 100 litres? My water company website says they are using Chlorine.
Also, I read that the simplest way is to tap over carbon to remove Chlorine instantly, how can I do that? (Using just a single bucket?)

Has anyone treated with Esha Exit, Esha 2000 and using prime at the same time? Did it work?

I need to treat ASAP, so I would be thankful for any advice!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 8/10 11:20
Re: Esha treatment + Seachem Prime in tank?? Urgent!! #2
Wait 48 hours after dosing Prime before using medication as that will be enough time for the Prime to dissipate. There is no way to remove chlorine using carbon if you only have a single bucket. You'd need a container larger enough for a full partial water change with an internal filter containing activated carbon running in it for 12 hours or so.
PH12345 PH12345
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 8/10 13:17
Re: Esha treatment + Seachem Prime in tank?? Urgent!! #3
Thank you Fishlady!
It's been more than 48 hours now and I have just put Esha 2000 and Exit in. Decided not to use Gdex just yet. Fingers crossed that will finally work!
This site has saved my fish from dying approx 2-3 times now, I so appreciate your help and advice! Thank you!!!