Brentstarburst Brentstarburst
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 6/10 12:38
What to add to my tank? #1
I've just completed a fish in cycle (don't ask!) for a 110 litre tank with 5 silver tipped Tetras.

The cycle has largely completed now - after seeing nitrite for a week or so, this has now dipped down to zero, as well as the ammonia (using the master test kit). I'm monitoring for a few days to make sure it stays this way.

So now I'm at a position where I want to add some more fish and I'd like some variety in there.

I fancy that a couple of the tetras are acting a bit aggressively - so I wondered about increasing the size of the shoal to 7? Would this help?

I was considering getting some Corys (5+) and some other small fish, but I'd equally like perhaps 2/3 bigger fish like a golden Gourami or something.

Any recommendations? I'd love some neon Tetras but I was reading that the silver tips may bully them.

What would be the optimum amount of fish - with say 2/3 Gouramis and the rest as smaller fish?

Also think I could do with some plants......

Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  24010_615d8abc46187.jpg (4,150.44 KB)
24010_615d8abc46187.jpg 4032X3024 px
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 7/10 7:32
Re: What to add to my tank? #2
If you're keen to get gouramis then I would also add to the shoal of silvertips (12 or so total) to prevent them being too nippy and add a group of six cories.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 7/10 7:32
Re: What to add to my tank? #3
If you're keen to get gouramis then I would also add to the shoal of silvertips (12 or so total) to prevent them being too nippy and add a group of six cories.