brimley brimley
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 10/9 16:33
Can anyone diagnose from this pic? #1
Hi all,

I've attached a pic of a poorly fish, he's been lying on his side flat on the bottom for a couple of days and I thought he was a goner, but today I found him swimming about and feeding again.

There's a obvious sore patch on his side (which used to be all white).

The large pond has been established for about 15 years, is crystal clear and I've had no issues - with two curious exceptions below:

Last summer I noticed one of the larger koi spending a lot of time sitting quietly on the bottom and it had a stiff swimming action - he seems otherwise healthy and happy.

I also have a grass carp (I think!) with dark bronze scales and I noticed what I thought were white fluff balls on it's head an body but they weren't - they were just clear white scales that had appeared, most odd but, again, he seems otherwise healthy and happy.

All other fish have no issues that I can see, I've had them all a long time now.

Thanks for any thoughts....
Steve

Attach file:

jpg  23645_613b7a6343298.jpg (77.03 KB)
23645_613b7a6343298.jpg 662X508 px
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 11/9 12:57
Re: Can anyone diagnose from this pic? #2
That look like a nasty bacterial infection. Treat with an anti-bacterial medication such as: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blagdon-Anti- ... id=pla-421768565448&psc=1
brimley brimley
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 18/9 11:57
Re: Can anyone diagnose from this pic? #3
Thanks Fishlady, much appreciated.
Item ordered right away.