I have just found a cluster of what I assume is Apple snail eggs as they are above water. We don’t really fancy any extra snails, so wanted to dispose of them. Are they toxic? I am 35 weeks pregnant and don’t really want to touch them if they are. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you
Apple snail eggs contain a powerful neurotoxin to prevent them being eaten by predators. However, the toxin has to be ingested orally and should cause no harm by removing the eggs though I suggest you wear gloves to do it just to be cautious.