fishyem fishyem
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 16/5 12:18
Lump on fish head #1
Hello! I'm very new to keeping fish, in fact, this fish was an unexpected find. I'm getting everything I need to set up a 120L tank, and was looking for a spare tank ready which was when yesterdad I found a tank and goldfish for sale on FB. I was instantly drawn to how ill the fish looked, and disgusting the tank was, and felt very bad for the fish living in it. There was only an inch of water in the sale photo! Anyway, I went to get him... and the water was foul and the fish could barely move. So I set the tank up, he's doing great this morning, eating etc. My question is, what do you think the lump is? What can I do? I thought the brief history might help, but I don't know how long it's been there.
Thank you for your help :)

Attach file:

jpg  23920_60a0ff7a5fb36.jpg (2,430.77 KB)
23920_60a0ff7a5fb36.jpg 4000X3000 px
fishyem fishyem
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 16/5 12:19
Re: Lump on fish head #2
Here's another photo

Attach file:

jpg  23920_60a0ffb018ad1.jpg (2,507.17 KB)
23920_60a0ffb018ad1.jpg 4000X3000 px
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 16/5 18:12
Re: Lump on fish head #3
That looks likes some kind of tumour. It may be benign in which case unless it grows so much that it interferes with his eye, he should be able to live with it. If it grows over the eye you'll need to find a fish vet to remove it.
fishyem fishyem
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 16/5 22:20
Re: Lump on fish head #4
Quote:

Fishlady wrote:
That looks likes some kind of tumour. It may be benign in which case unless it grows so much that it interferes with his eye, he should be able to live with it. If it grows over the eye you'll need to find a fish vet to remove it.

Thank you for your reply! I'll be sure to check what vets are around who could see the fish - a local aquatic centre offered advice to check the water after a week quarantine as well as seeing if the lump changes in that time and offer more advice - fingers crossed for the fish, after what he's been through I'm hoping he can live happy :)