Following my previous post I sent a gaunt looking celebes rainbow and celestial pearl danio off for lab analysis. I will copy and paste from the lab report later, waiting to review it myself.
No tb. Both fish have ulceration and surface inflammation in the mouth / throat. Nothing to indicate columnaris. Rainbow had some evidence of internal parasites and early stage worms. Cpd not.
What treatments would you recommend for my tank stock below? Will any of the recommended treatments affect the filter bacteria? Manufacturers seem to always say no but forums otherwise.
Rainbows and cpd
Main tank Orange Venezuelan corys 1.25/1.5 inch babies 1 bristlenose 3 inch baby 2 keyholes 4 platys and lots of fry from a few days to few weeks old 9 emerald eyespot rasbora
Main tank. NT Labs liquid test shows no ammonia, Salifert shows between 0 and 0.15 but not 0.15. No nitrite on either. Nitrates Salifert 25 (tap 30, currently using 1/3 RO). Gh 13/14, kh 10, ph 7.8. No plants. Will test hospital tank later, no RO in hospital tank currently but that’s not good for the CPDs as tap gh is 17.
The celebes rainbows were probably wild which I did not know at the time. Got them mid December.
The fish were all in the main tank until 10 days ago.
Thanks. The shop where I got the fish have offered me esha ndx and myzaxin free. Is ndx the same as the product you linked? I was thinking I need to run a fluke treatment also - would you agree with this?
Also wondering if I should chuck the sand? And get new when I know they’re all healthy.
The problem with that is of course that I’ll have to take most of the cover out as can’t sit rocks and 8kg piece of mopani on the glass, so my keyholes will chase the other fish. But so be it if it’s best for my corys/pleco.
I’m also going to run Myxazin after NDX. Do you think I should wait 2 weeks until both doses of NDX are complete or can I run it inbetween? Two weeks seems a long time to wait with a lab report confirming a bacterial infection, especially with fish that I can only use half dosage with.
Esha NDX is a good product - a different active ingredient to Kusuri, but the same effect. I would complete the wormer treatment before using the Myxazin, or do the Myxazin first and then the full course of NDX rather than squeezing it in in the middle. You should not need to replace the sand, but I would advise giving it a thorough going over when syphoning water for water changes.