Katiervn Katiervn
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 9/3 19:57
Help needed for persistant finrot! #1
Hi, I have been battling finrot in one of my honey gouramis for weeks now. Water parameters all fine and fish is otherwise well in self. All other fish fine. I initially tried NTlabs antiuncler and finrot. I thought this did the trick but it came back, even after 2 doses.
I then used the interpet treatment, this nearly killed all my fish and had to do immediate water change and replace carbon. For the last 7 days have used daily doses of pimafix and melafix. This hasn't worked either. I can't use the esha treatment as I have shrimp and the corydora don't tolerate salts. I religiously water change 25% water weekly. Any other ideas/treatments much appreciated!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 9/3 21:55
Re: Help needed for persistant finrot! #2
Esha 2000 is very effective and IS safe for shrimps according to the manufacturer: https://www.eshalabs.eu/europe/faq.html Pimafix/Melafix aren't very useful where there is established disease. I would stop using them, do a large water change, run carbon for 48 hours and then treat with Esha 2000.
Katiervn Katiervn
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 10/3 19:38
Re: Help needed for persistant finrot! #3
Thank you for the advice