juan22 juan22
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 27/12 12:06
Platy acting weird #1
Hi guys, I have a 250 gallon community tank with Platy fishes and Guppies. Few days ago i started noticing one of the largest female Platy acting up, She would approach any other fish and tilt to the side, upon seeing this the nearest fish would come and peck at the side that the platy is tilting. (Its as if she is trying to ask the other fishes to peck at her body) Today i woke up to see the platy on her side where the fish usually pecks at has appeared a large white slimy patch. I quickly set up another small tank and transferred her there on her own. I bought her along with the other guppies on a work trip to Bangkok and i quarantined them for some weeks before moving them into the bigger tank.
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 28/12 20:06
Re: Platy acting weird #2
How is she doing, now that she's been in isolation, in peace from inquistive tankmates?
juan22 juan22
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 31/12 18:53
Re: Platy acting weird #3
Hi sorry for the delay, I was away on duty and just got home few hours ago. I managed to bump into a pet store in Singapore and the seller suggested a treatment by the name of malachite green because he thinks that the platy is infected by Ich. When i got home today i noticed that she is a bit lethargic and the white stuffs has spread even bigger. I have scoured the internet about white spots but it doesn't look like white spots, its more larger like shes turning white. Its kinda late here. If its cool with you i will attach a photo of her tomorrow and you will see. Have a Happy and prosperous new year