jddevel jddevel
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 3/3 15:09
Pond automatic feeder #1
Have unsuccessfully tried to search answers to this question on here so asking as a newbie.
i`ve yet to manage to get an automatic feeder for my pond to last more than 2/3 months. That`s from a Hozelock to a cheaper Chinese model. Any advice on one with a bit of longlevity? I spend periods of 2 to 3 weeks away during the summer months so reliability is naturally important. Thanks for any help or advice.
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 3/3 16:48
Re: Pond automatic feeder #2
I don't have experience with pond fishfeeders but do have a Fishmate auto-feeder for an aquarium.

Although unable to travel nowadays, it worked well for the several times per year that I was away over the course of the ten years that I used it - and it still does work (and is occasionally used when I'm not able to feed the fish for personal reasons).

The brand has pond options: https://www.fishmate.co.uk/Automatic-Fish-Feeders
jddevel jddevel
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 4/3 12:59
Re: Pond automatic feeder #3
Thanks for that suggestion. Bought the Fishmate P7000. Lasted admittedly the longest but only managed around 3/4 months and that included having to send it back as wouldn`t allow me to change feed volume and times. Worked on return for a short while before causing problems again. My opinion lacked reliability.
fcmf fcmf
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • Coldwater Adviser
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/3 19:59