hannahhh hannahhh
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 5/12 19:40
Do I have an okay amount of fish for my 125 litre tank? #1
I’ve had my 125 litre tank for just over a year now after upgrading from a smaller tank. I have always been cautious about adding fish as I do not want to overstock. I would like to know if the amount of fish I have are suitable for my tank. The length is 50cm and the width is 80cm.
I currently own 6 corydoras - 2 peppered, 2 panda and 2 bronze. The 2 panda ones are still very small (is this normal? I was told they grow very slowly but they don’t seem to have grown at all in the months I’ve had them - do they get as big as peppered and bronze corys?) and the 2 bronze ones I have only recently adopted so are still babies.
I also have 6 golden barbs and 5 neon tetras and I would like to get some shrimp to help clear algae.
My tank has quite a lot of plants to give the fish plenty of places to hide and I have a few rocks, wooden hideouts etc. also.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/12 20:10
Re: Do I have an okay amount of fish for my 125 litre tank? #2
You don't have too many fish, but really there should be six of each type of cory. However, that would overstock you so best not to in this case. Panda cories are smaller than peppered/bronze. The best solution to algae is to clean it yourself. Adding shrimps won't cause a big impact on your bioload, but possibly they would be eaten by your barbs.
hannahhh hannahhh
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 7/12 0:16
Re: Do I have an okay amount of fish for my 125 litre tank? #3
Oh right, I thought there only needed to be 2-3 of each type of cory. I dont want them to be stressed but I dont want to overstock either - do you think they’ll be fine? They look pretty chill.