Candle321 Candle321
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 28/11 11:49
Hitchhiker help! #1
So we bought some new plants for our 350 litre, from Pets at Home. Three days later out pops a Zebra Loach!

I'm still in total shock, I had to call hubby over as I thought I was having a delusional episode and hallucinating (feel free to laugh!)

Aside from not believing how on earth this guy survived in a bag with a plant on a rock, jostled about in the car boot and no water for over an hour - I'm now really concerned as the tank sits at about 20c and initial reading tells me they need to be at 23c min.

Of course we may need to speak to Pets at Home and check if they had Zebras in the tank where the plants came from, we've added a few new plants over the last couple of weeks so he could in theory have come from elsewhere, perhaps even longer ago as a baby? He's about two inches.

Any help, advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 28/11 15:47
Re: Hitchhiker help! #2
That must have been quite a surprise! Now, what to do? These need the temperature between 21 and 26C so if you can raise it just a tad and give him 5 pals of his own kind, your tank will be fine for keeping him (other tank mates permitting). If you can't raise the temperature or if other tank mates wouldn't suit a pack of zebra loaches then the best thing would be to try to track down where he came from and return him