I have an algae eater - bristlenose catfish - though he doesn’t seem to eat much algae! The rocks that were white/cream at the beginning are now a browny/green with algae. Other than just not looking as nice, will this do any harm, should I be trying to clean the algae off the rocks and if so how? It’s easy to scrape it off a flat surface but not so on the rocks. No other problems - test regular and take a sample to local lfs who said water parameters are perfect. It’s just the algae I’m not sure what to do about.
Bristlenose tend to eat very little algae once they start to grow. The algae is harmless, but if you find it unsightly you can clean it off with a toothbrush. Reducing the amount of time your lights are on may reduce it.