RaeWbucks RaeWbucks
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 26/4 15:30
White Spot #1
Hi,

I noticed white spot on my Harlequin Rasboras about 3 weeks ago and a couple of spots on 2 of my guppies, I have a fully live planted 180 litre tank which is also home to various shrimp, after scrolling through loads of info on the internet it transpired I couldn't use the usual white spot chemical treatments because of the shrimp so I went with the heat treatment method, I gradually turned the heat up to 86 degrees and did partial water changes every other day, I introduced some air stones too as the oxygen levels are lower in warmer water apparently (i'm relatively new to fish keeping so didn't know this), all the fish and shrimp are alive and happy in their 'bath'! I've had no sign of the white spot for over a week now and just wondered how long I should leave the water at this heat? the one thing I don't want to do is turn it down too early and risk the spot coming back.

your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 27/4 12:42
Re: White Spot #2
It should be safe to turn down gradually now, but don't be surprised if the white spot resurfaces. For future reference, Esha Exit is safe for shrimps.
RaeWbucks RaeWbucks
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 29/4 9:22
Re: White Spot #3
Brilliant, thanks for the advice Fishlady :o)