helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 8/3 11:37
Iridescent shark isnt eating #1
Hi ive rescued a small shark about 13 cm from a very bad comditions{10 L tank no WC and so..} 6 days ago.hes in a 50 L quarnteen with 1000L/h filter tmp 25 c. he isnt eating since i got him and i know that he ate just befor i took him.I did a very slow water adjustment adding water from the tank to the bucket for an hour and only then moved him to the new tank, but when i moved him he swam like crazy and flipped over . i trned off the light in the room and moved back. after a few minutes he flipped back and strated to swim normally again.Im not noticing any sighns on his body , anf he is active and swimming. the only thing i see is redness on his body which look to me coming from his color being thin and pale. i though that its beacuse hes a baby but now i don konw..what do you think?

https://scontent.ftlv1-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... eb7357edaaf42&oe=5CDBC385
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 8/3 13:25
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #2
Have you checked for ammonia and nitrite in the water? Both can cause skin reddening and erratic swimming behaviour. The other thing is these are known to swim erratically and bang themselves on the walls in small tanks....they don't cope well in cramped conditions. This fish will reach easily 3 feet long in captvity, much more in the wild. If it's not feeding, try it on live bloodworm, chopped earthworm and other live worms.
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 11/3 12:23
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #3
yes the water is good. its been 10 days now without him eating..
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 13/3 13:20
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #4
He still hasnt ate.. today i saw him scratching himself a few times on the tank wall, its the first time ive seen it ,but im not sure its the first time hes doing it. im thinking of trying to medicate for gill flukes, what do you think?
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 21/3 11:13
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #5
20 days without eating.. today ive noticed a red patch on his nose ive uploaded a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VF09Q ... Mms39klz_i2X3yKnjjbQo_VIU
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 21/3 11:54
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #6
I think the red patch is from bumping the sides of the tank probably, maybe treat with an anti-bacterial to ward off infection. Have you tried offering him live foods?
helptoall helptoall
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • Posted on: 27/3 11:35
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #7
Update:The fish started to eat again! I started a treatment with Kanaplex,and after the scond dose he started to eat again! I dont know if its beacause of the med or if its just all the time he needed to get over the stress of the moving,anyway he is eaing and in a few days ill move him to the big tank
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 27/3 16:05
Re: Iridescent shark isnt eating #8
Glad to hear he's doing better