Baileyblue Baileyblue
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Norfolk
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 11/2/2018 19:54
EMERGENCY CORY CATFISH NOT EATING PREGNANT AND MALES #1
Hi I’m really worried my elegant Cory I found pregnant today so I moved her along with two males she gets along best with into another breeding tank to get her away from tetras and barbs in case they eat the eggs however she was very shocked by the whole process and she’s alive but barely moving niether are either of the males I have searched everywhere and can’t find the answer I’ve given them regular feed and bloodworms but they don’t care they aren’t interested at all I’m so so worried what do I do to get them to eat?!?!?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators FK Supporter Registered Users Image Admin Advisers
  • Posted on: 11/2/2018 19:58
Re: EMERGENCY CORY CATFISH NOT EATING PREGNANT AND MALES #2
Can you please post test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH in both tanks.
Fenris982 Fenris982
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 11/8/2019 17:52
Re: EMERGENCY CORY CATFISH NOT EATING PREGNANT AND MALES #3
MY advice for getting cory fry is to let your cory cats spawn in their main tank and remove the eggs into a hatchery... either a breeder net/box with some good waterflow or an egg tumbler. Keep an eye on them as any that grow fungus will need to be removed as they are infetrile and could infest the fertile eggs.... 3 to 6 days later and BAM, baby catfish looking all sexy and stuff.

Good luck breeding your cory cats.... its so much fun watching them do whatever they do either way :D