Michael Fenner Michael Fenner
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/3/2015 12:43
New filter and pump where to start? #1
Hi all,

We have a preformed blagdon damselfly 1250 pond with a few goldfish in and plants, I want to install and preformed waterfall in the corner and need a pump and filter that will pump the water filter it and send it down the waterfall.

Not sure which pump or filter to look at? Thought I would ask everyone what their thoughts would be.

Thanks all!
2010 2010
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Group: Basic Membership Registered Users
  • Posted on: 22/3/2015 13:07
Re: New filter and pump where to start? #2
Since no one else has replied, here is my opinion.

Your filter will have to be big enough to cope with the water volume of your pond. (You don't want a filter that is too small for your pond volume)

The pump will have to be able to pump the whole volume of the pond once every four hours. You also want a filter pump, not a fountain pump, as you will be sending solids to the filter, which fountain and some pumps can not do.

The waterfall needs to be wide / deep enough to be able to cope with the returning water volume from the filter. (Too small and the water will over flow from where ever it can.)

You will also need a "U.V." As with the filter make sure the one you choose can handle the water flow rate.

There are lots of makes and models of pumps filters and UV's its your choice which you have.
Good quality costs. Bear this in mind before you start.

Sorry if my reply is NOT want you want to hear, but what I have said is true.

We can only go by what you type.

A "thank you" costs nothing, but goes a long way.
Michael Fenner Michael Fenner
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 23/3/2015 9:41
Re: New filter and pump where to start? #3
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I've seen the hozock Titan 2500 I think it is which I belive handles solids, I'm just not sure what kind of pricing or models to look for in terms of filters.

Looking forward to setting this up just need to make sure I have the right equipment!