Can anyone help I have done a 40% water change yesterday, looked ok tonight all fish at the surface looks like they are gulping for air. I used a chlorine remover when mixing the salt and water. NO3:- 20 No2:- 0.5 PH:- 7.5 Ammonia:- 0.2ppm
any advice? I have no medicines and cannot get them until tomorrow evening.
Best way to reduce ammonia and nitrite (which is what is causing them to have breathing difficulties) is more water changes to reduce the levels to as close to 0 as you can. The other thing that is very useful is Seachem Prime which can be overdosed to neutralise ammonia and nitrite in an emergency.