Firsttimefishboy Firsttimefishboy
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Kent
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 6/3/2014 18:38
Kribensis help please #1
My two Kribs that I purchased a couple of months ago paired quickly and had their first batch of fry two weeks later. The fry are now 6 weeks old and all are fine. I've noticed tonight that the male is chasing the female quite aggressively and her belly is bright pink. Is this the start of spawning again or is this some sort of after breeding aggression? I can separate them if this a problem. They are in a 80l planted tank all to themselves with plenty of separate caves and hiding holes. Any advice please?
200ltr heavily planted low tech tank. 1 Melanotaenia praecox, 8 Melanotaenia Boesemani, 4 glossolepsis pseudoincisus, 1 Melanotaenia Trifasciata, 7 Otocinclus, 1 Albino Ancistrus.
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 6/3/2014 20:20
Re: Kribensis help please #2
Quite likely to be ready to spawn again, especially if they're colouring up. Kribs can be prolific breeders once they've started. Just keep an eye on them in case one or the other isn't really ready and separate them if there's serious damage/distress.
Firsttimefishboy Firsttimefishboy
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Kent
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 6/3/2014 21:24
Re: Kribensis help please #3
Oh wow, I've still got about 70 healthy fry from the first spawning!
200ltr heavily planted low tech tank. 1 Melanotaenia praecox, 8 Melanotaenia Boesemani, 4 glossolepsis pseudoincisus, 1 Melanotaenia Trifasciata, 7 Otocinclus, 1 Albino Ancistrus.