Tknoxx Tknoxx
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Isle of Lewis
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Deep End
  • Posted on: 1/12/2013 20:14
Editing posts #1
I often find if I am making a post then decide to expand on it that my edit takes longer than the ten minutes and the post is lost - then it's a mad dash to try and see if I can find it by backspacing my internet browser. Is there anyway the edit limit could be increased a smidgen to maybe 15 minutes?

The amount of times it has happened and I have missed it by about a minute or 30 seconds. It is a bit frustrating especially if the post is lost and I have to start again as I never seem to get the wording as good as first time around (possibly due to annoyance!)
TK
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Moderators Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 1/12/2013 22:27
Re: Editing posts #2
If I'm going to write anything very long (not that I do much anymore, nowadays since we have plenty of articles to refer to it cuts down on that!) I type it in a word document and copy and paste, but will refer this to fishadmin, don't know the technical possibilities.
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
Fishadmin Fishadmin
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Spain
  • Group: Webmasters Registered Users LFS Caresheets Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 2/12/2013 11:20
Re: Editing posts #3
Hi,

I've up'd it to 20 mins. I would have thought the original post would be kept and the additions lost if the time limit was exceeded but maybe not.

Thanks,
Fishadmin
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 2/12/2013 11:50
Re: Editing posts #4
You're right, the original post isn't lost, just the unfinished edit
Tknoxx Tknoxx
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Isle of Lewis
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership Deep End
  • Posted on: 2/12/2013 14:39
Re: Editing posts #5
Thanks - yeah just the updates.

It's more when I write a small explanation and then be like - actually I'll fully explain what I mean and by time I've finished expanding it won't post.

Twenty minutes is plenty of time thanks!
TK