dundeejamie dundeejamie
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Angus
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 7/8/2013 11:54
automatic pond feeder #1
can anyone recommend a good make/model or alternatively ones to avoid its to feed koi/goldfish/sturgeon cheers
dundeejamie dundeejamie
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Angus
  • Posted on: 11/8/2013 9:02
Re: automatic pond feeder #2
anyone ?
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators Registered Users Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 11/8/2013 9:42
Re: automatic pond feeder #3
Do you have any trusted friends/family/neighbours that wouldn't mind popping in and giving them some food? You could measure out daily rations and keep them in airtight containers then there's no danger of anyone getting carried away /feeling sorry for the 'poor starving waifs' and giving them far too much

Other than that I'm afraid I can't offer much help, I've only ever used auto feeders on tanks but I only did that once as my neighbour was quite happy to come in and feed them for me. That way I also knew that she'd let me know if there were any problems
It's Not Just A Fish
Flo-Jo Flo-Jo
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Posted on: 3/11/2013 20:47
Re: automatic pond feeder #4
Hi I work shifts and it's inconvenient to ask others to feed the fish in my pond so I got a fishmate P21. I have a mixture of giant orfe, comets, Shubunkins and tiny goldfish. The feeder can have flakes and pellets in at same time and is adjustable - mine lasts two weeks and feeds the fish over a five hour period slowly. It's a fairly basic feeder but does the job. It hangs over the pond by a stick. Cost under ?30. Not really necessary this time of year as if you are still feeding it should just be a handful once a day but very useful during feeding season. Hope this helps you
Iain_clark Iain_clark
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 5/11/2013 19:54
Re: automatic pond feeder #5
DundeeJamie,
I have used the Cloverleaf feeder for the last couple of years, it's big enough to hold food for a couple of weeks for my pond (120 - 150 fish)and is controlled by a simple plug-in electric timer so you can set it for several small feeds per day.

http://www.swelluk.com/pond/feeders-1 ... OHC5Za1zroCFSXItAodzyQAZw

Hope that helps.

Iain
Karl Karl
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Lancashire
  • Posted on: 13/12/2013 11:56
Re: automatic pond feeder #6
Hi,
I've a Fishmate 7000, it's not fantastic and the first one had to be returned, but it works. I'm away for periods and my wife tends to overfeed so it's good for that as well. Feeder can give 3 feeds a day and you adjust for amounts etc so it's best to run it regularly to ensure all is OK.
As suggested still a good idea to get a friend in to check the fish out as things happen when you are away. (EG filters suddenly blocked & overflowed, animal knocked a pipe out.)
All the best.