morgan morgan
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Devon
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 10/4/2013 19:42
bay dwarf cockatoo cichlids #1
at what age should I take some of my baby cichlids to the local fish shop? and what age does it get more apparent to tell males and females apart?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 10/4/2013 20:06
Re: bay dwarf cockatoo cichlids #2
You need to ask the shop concerned what size they want them at. They will need them to be at a saleable size usually, so about the size yours were when you bought them, maybe a tad smaller. They should be sexable by the time they are around 1.5 inches SL.
morgan morgan
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Devon
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 10/4/2013 20:40
Re: bay dwarf cockatoo cichlids #3
thanks,,,,,,,,,,,don't want to give them away though :(
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 10/4/2013 20:55
Re: bay dwarf cockatoo cichlids #4
I sympathise: watching them breed and raise babies is wonderful, but letting the youngsters go is always a bit sad

The last spawn from my panduros was huge and though I've sold some privately I have about 30 still to move on as I stopped advertising them in the cold weather. I'm taking some of them to the BCA auction next month, along with the last of my Angels' babies (who are about 4 inches now) as they are not getting on with Mum and Dad, and a 5 inch male Rotkeil Severum and 2 Julidochromis transcriptus who were all left over after the others in their tanks paired up.