(1) 2 »
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 31/7/2012 11:31
A.Compressiseps Sumbu #1
Hi all. I'm after some info on the availability of A.Compressiceps Sumbu.Are they very difficult to come by ?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 31/7/2012 11:40
Re: A.Compressiseps Sumbu #2
They can be a bit hard to track down yes, but a pair would be a good choice for your tank

Mike's Rifts sometimes have them, though not right now, but it's worth keeping an eye on his stock list as his Tangs are excellent.

Your LFS may be able to order them for you if they don't have them in stock; it's always worth asking. It might also be worth posting on the BCA site in the "Looking For" forum (scroll down), to see if anyone has some for sale.

EDIT: ALso worth looking on Tropical Fish Finder
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 31/7/2012 11:47
Re: A.Compressiseps Sumbu #3
Thank you Fishlady.I thought the same.They have that Calvus lip,which i love,but dont need half the space. I think they'd be ideal.
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 1/8/2012 4:25
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #4
What kind of shells would i need ? i have loads of escargot at the mo.Are these too small for Sumbu ?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 1/8/2012 8:13
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #5
Escargot shells should be fine as long as some are large enough for adult females to get inside if they need to escape the males. Dwarf Sumbu aren't true shell-dwellers as such; they tend not to actually live in the shells, but use the shells for spawning and rock crevices/caves as homes.
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 1/8/2012 17:53
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #6
And are they big diggers like multis or not ? Dont know why i'm asking all these questions,none of the online retailers have any in stock
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 1/8/2012 19:36
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #7
They will dig a little, but not on the JCB earthmover scale that Mulities do
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 5/8/2012 18:24
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #8
Managed to source some Dwarf Comp. from Wildwoods but gonna take a couple of weeks to get them in. If i were to get 3-4 fish and a couple paired off,would i have to remove the others or does it depend on the sex of the other fish ?
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Posted on: 5/8/2012 22:32
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #9
It's not sex dependent unfortunately. In a larger tank you'd maybe be OK as the Dwarf Comps are pretty mild-mannered as Tangs go. Given the small footprint of yours I think you'll have to rehome the spares if you get a pair as once they start to breed they'll become much more territorial and there's not room for separate territories for the unpaired fish.
nad03 nad03
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From Mid Glamorgan
  • Posted on: 6/8/2012 7:55
Re: A.Compressiceps Sumbu #10
If i were to get just the two fish and they both turned out to be males,would they be ok if i provide a few territories for them. Would like some fry but thats not my main concern.