Lorraine101 Lorraine101
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Suffolk
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 14/6/2012 8:38
FILTER / UV ADVICE #1
Good morning everyone, I'm running a Hozelock Easyclear 2500 in my pond and two weeks ago changed the UV lamp, since then its only worked for approx. one week so i'm looking to maybe keep that running as a filter but either add uv clarifier or something like a Hozelock Cyprio Triple Filter. Being a newbie i'm not sure which would suit my small pond better, to be honest i'm getting fed up with my pond already, its only been up and running just over a year and i've had nothing but trouble. I realise that being in full sun i was always going to have problems but the only thing that seems to love my pond is the Heron (yes its already cleared my pond once) and the plants. I only want to watch my fish in crystal clear water like most of us
Any advice would be very much appreciated
2010 2010
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 14/6/2012 23:04
Re: FILTER / UV ADVICE #2
Hi, I personally do not like "all in ones" for various reasons. The Hozelock Cyprio Triple Filter, is another all in one, only bigger. I have nothing against hozelock, just "all in ones /combo's"

Thing is you can buy a small UV and a bio filter for less than the cost of the triple filter you mention.
Good quality costs. Bear this in mind before you start.

Sorry if my reply is NOT want you want to hear, but what I have said is true.

We can only go by what you type.

A "thank you" costs nothing, but goes a long way.