(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 10/5/2012 19:03
ScS sofas warning - #1
Posting this to warn others about SCS sofa company just in-case any of you are thinking of buying a sofa/settee or anything else from them, My advice is don't or you may live to regret it on no account believe the rubbish you will get told from their sales people they will lie to get a sale and if anything goes wrong they are not interested in after care and pass you onto customer service who just string you along

my story so far

ORVIETO LEATHER SOFAS:
We bought a 2 seater and 3 seater leather sofa from ScS in May 2010, the 3 seater sofa looked lovely in the showroom and we tested it out by sitting and lounging on it as you do while at the shop, it was nice and strong, appearing to give excellent cushion support to your back "which I needed due to severe back problems over the years" it seemed solid but comfortable in the show room and was good quality Italian leather, so we ordered it along with ?200.00 of insurance when it arrived 12 weeks later it smelled lovely of new leather and fitted nicely in our living room, happy that it had arrived in one piece we got about our business that same week our youngest daughter was not very well, so as they do she curled up on the sofa watching Tv but after the first week of receiving the suite we noticed that where our daughter had been sitting on the 3 seater the seat cushion had a dip in it we joked that it was because she had been sat watching TV for so long that her bottom had moulded into the cushion but I had misgivings as it shouldn't have sagged already after a few months the right seat cushion appeared to sag more, then the other side did the same also the back cushions where losing their plumpness and support so I called into the shop and they gave me a phone number to call their customer services and was told they would send an upholsterer out which they did a ScS guy came out checked under the sofas, took some photos and added some extra sponge under the cushions saying any other problems to ring and went on his way, but this didn't really help much and the 3 seater got steadily worse then one day as I sat down on the three seater the left side cushion gave way and tilted me to the side causing my back to go and left me in a lot of pain so I rang SCS and another guy came out and checked under the 3 seater sofa and also the 2 seater which has started to do the same as the 3 seater, took more photos, said he could fix them but needed permission to get the parts and went away, a bit later we got a phone call from SCS to say an upholsterer would be out and gave me a date, but then rang again the day before they where due to visit to say sorry but they had to cancel and rebooked another visit for the 8th of march this year, so I waited in and as promised another guy the 3rd came out to fix it or so I thought but instead he apologised saying he has no parts so couldn't do anything and again took more photos checking underneath the sofas and went away telling me that it could be fixed and just needed extra strapping under the seat cushions and filling in the back support cushions, feeling a bit happier that it could be fixed I waited for a phone call to say when the guy would be back to fix the sofas but nothing, after two months of waiting I rang SCS again and was told that the person dealing with this was in a meeting "very convenient I must say" and that they will get them to ring us next week as it is a bank holiday on Monday so again it is a waiting game, and the 3 seater sofa is getting worse by the day and looks older than it is, the 2 seater doesn't get used much otherwise it would be the same as the 3 seater, we are not happy to say the least as the sofas cost just over ?2000, I should add that we originally bought a good quality leather suite before this one from a different shop and it lasted 15 years so expected the same with this one for the price we paid, but it wasn't to be and would be surprised if these sofas actually last 3 years at the rate they are sagging and I can?t sit on the 3 seater as my back hurts.
I would happily let them take the sofas away and refund our money so that we could buy another one from a different shop but doubt that would happen.
We would never touch ScS again with a ten foot barge pole and will tell anyone who will listen not to buy from them either, very angry at the way we have been treated and for listening to the sales guy who persuaded us that it was the best one in the shop, they don't sell this one anymore within months of us buying ours it was no longer available which says a lot doesn't it

Update: as I suspected ScS has still not called me back as promised, so if they haven't rang by Monday I will ring them again and see what they have to say if no satisfaction I will be getting in touch with trading standards so watch this space
cathie cathie
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Moderators Registered Users Advisers FK Supporter Caresheets Image Admin
  • Posted on: 10/5/2012 23:42
Re: ScS sofas warning - #2
I was just formulating the words 'ring trading standards' when I saw you had also arrived at that point ... What a nightmare. keep us posted ...
[url=http://www.bigfishcam
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 11/5/2012 15:42
Re: ScS sofas warning - #3
Wish I had researched ScS before we bought from them because the reviews that I have seen since would really put anyone off buying from them so annoyed as we where going to CSL originally but didn't buy straight away, and then when we went back to buy the sofa we had previously seen decided we didn't really like it that much and stupidly popped in SCS to have a look instead hubby liked the one we got and bought the sofas on the same day not a good idea you should always go home to think about it and research, then go back if they have good reviews, otherwise it may cost you a lot of money and stress for substandard furniture if you don't

you can see here other angry buyers from SCS in the link below there is the odd happy customer review but this is usually when they have not received their item yet or have not long received their sofa/furniture, so is early days we where happy to begin with, with the delivery and the unpacking and removal of the plastic covering and cardboard etc in our case it was once we had the furniture and started using it that we had problems to start with their customer service appeared helpful and polite, but after three different upholsterers coming out and still no solution to the problem, then to be fobbed off when you ring them and lied too as well because still no phone call a week later looks like I will have to ring them again on Monday

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews145677.html
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 21/5/2012 15:44
Re: ScS sofas warning - #4
Update: well sort of SCS rang today "bit late but better late than never" to say parts have been ordered and they will let me know when there upholsterer will be out to fix our sofas so FX they wont let me down just a waiting game now and if it isn't one thing its another these days, as we have just discovered that we have bees in our loft so I will be ringing the council to find a bee keeper to hopefully remove them without killing them

Edit: managed to get a photo of the little buzzers

and apparently we have bumble bees in our loft no beekeeper will remove them as they are not honeybees, so as long as they stay in the loft then will leave them alone in their far corner

here is a worker bee loaded with pollen

Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 23/9/2012 20:53
Re: ScS sofas warning - #5
Update for those interested in how we got on with our suite SCS rang the other week and booked a day for their upholsterer to finally come out to fix our sofas anyway they are due to do the work tomorrow and was told it will take at least 5 hours have to say that after three guys already coming out and taking photos but not doing much I don't have much faith so fingers crossed for us and watch this space
CurmudgeonlyOldMan CurmudgeonlyOldMan
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Carmarthenshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter Deep End
  • Posted on: 23/9/2012 21:20
Re: ScS sofas warning - #6
Aren't certain Bumble bees protected? Sure I read it somewhere. Worth looking into.
[url=injaf.org/the-big-fish-campaign/][img align=right]http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/uploa
CurmudgeonlyOldMan CurmudgeonlyOldMan
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Carmarthenshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter Deep End
  • Posted on: 23/9/2012 21:33
Re: ScS sofas warning - #7
Have you tried this site Goldy?

Swarm Collecters.
[url=injaf.org/the-big-fish-campaign/][img align=right]http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/uploa
dismalscientist dismalscientist
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 23/9/2012 21:34
Re: ScS sofas warning - #8
Oh I feel your pain. I had a massive battle with Harvey's last year. I would never ever shop there again, blatant lies seem to be perfectly acceptable to their staff.

Really hope it works out!! Fingers crossed for you!!
[i][color=9900CC]Good resolutions are useless attempts to interfere with
jaspersdad jaspersdad
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Warwickshire
  • Group: Deep End Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 23/9/2012 21:38
Re: ScS sofas warning - #9
ooops I've just bought a house full of carpets from them.

JON
Resized Image
Violet Violet
  • Tropical Adviser
  • Tropical  Adviser
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets FK Supporter Advisers Deep End
  • Posted on: 23/9/2012 21:45
Re: ScS sofas warning - #10
Mmmmm. My sisters N**t Sofa took just shy of a year, from date of ordering and paying - original delivery - fault with fabric after 4 weeks - picking it up - waiting for replacement - replacing (with wrong size) - picking it up again (had to be a different van, again after waiting)- re-delivery - ta dah!!!

11 months I think. She got a gift voucher - very deflated small 'yay'. Given it was matching a second sofa she already had her hands were a bit tied really.

Her on-line cushions took 12 weeks (website said 7 days)

Poor isn't it? I have to say everyone was very helpful and courteous but this so shouldn't have to happen.

Good luck Goldy with SCS....Fins crossed
Please fill in your personal profile if you are posti