Brigitte Brigitte
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Surrey
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter Deep End
  • Posted on: 29/4/2012 11:01
Any idea what these are? #1
Hi all

Hoping someone can help me ID these...I find them periodically in my tank, mostly on either my java fern or crypt's leaves. I usually only see a few scattered ones, never clumps of anything, and they move!! Not exactly Speedy Gonzalez, but if you watch them for a while, you can see them very slowly moving along the leaf. I even saw one on the front glass once and grabbed the camera only for Tigger to eat it as I turned it on!

Original Image
Original Image
Original Image

Are they eggs of some sort? I only have the fancies and the malaysian trumpet snails in my tank. I am hoping I haven't smuggled any other type of snail in on a plant somehow, but have never seen any other type of snail in the tank. I have been seeing these things periodically since about October last year, but still no idea what they are!

Any thoughts?
[i][b][color=006600][font=Verdana]"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one
Fishlady Fishlady
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Moderators Image Admin Caresheets FK Supporter Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 29/4/2012 11:38
Re: Any idea what these are? #2
Newly hatched snails I'd say - shells not yet properly formed.
Brigitte Brigitte
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Surrey
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter Deep End
  • Posted on: 29/4/2012 14:48
Re: Any idea what these are? #3
Thanks FL. By the looks of them I'm guessing they aren't MTS though...does that mean I have some tank invaders I'll keep my eyes peeled for any adults but haven't seen any yet! Hopefully that means there aren't too many of them!! And Tigger seems to be doing a marvelous job keeping the population from exploding!
[i][b][color=006600][font=Verdana]"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one