Meddie Meddie
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Gwent
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/12/2011 9:30
Orca TL550 Fan #1
Can anyone help me. I have a Orca TL550 Tank. I have a very noisy fan, does anyone know what i have to do to get at the fans. I took off the clear cover which then shows the lights and a reflective screen. I then took out the screws in the bottom half of the relector and manage to lift this up, but all i could see was the 2 starters and what looked like 2 small transformers. this reflector is in 1 piece. I can get a new fan from the company i bought it from, but they need the code No of the fan. Can someone tell me what i need to do to be able to locate the fan and then change it.
mattolacomb mattolacomb
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Sussex
  • Posted on: 10/1/2012 11:13
Re: Orca TL550 Fan #2
Hi,

I have had the same problem. The fan on my TL550 has been making a terrible racket. I have been searching the web for advice on how to change / access the fans in the hood. Even contacting BOYU was a pointless excersise. Their customer service is a useless as the instructions that come with the tank.
Anyhow, i gave it a go at the weekend. Took off the splash cover, and then undid the screws in the silver reflecter below the lights. In order to fully access the fans the whole reflector underneith the lights would also have to be removed. I just wanted to take a peak so undid only the screws at the other end. I was able to lift the reflector gently and see the fans. I then sprayed compressed air into the fans to try and clear any dust that had built up. After putting it back together my fan has been silent. But if it becomes noisy again i shall take the whole thing off and replace with new ones.
Meddie Meddie
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Gwent
  • Posted on: 10/1/2012 16:45
Re: Orca TL550 Fan #3
Hi Matto, same as you contacted the manufacture's to ask for instructions, waste of time. I too have gone as far as you, but took screws out of the bottom of the reflector. If you do change yours can you let me know what you did and what fans you get.