colsey colsey
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 27/7/2004 11:11
Pond Pumps #1
Hi all,

I have a titan 5500 pump with a damaged outer case - does anyone know if you can purchase replacement parts for these or is there anyone who fixes them?

getting a bit desparate as the pump just stops and we have lost 2 koi so far!

TIA
Colsey
chopper chopper
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Staffordshire
  • Group: Basic Membership Registered Users
  • Posted on: 27/7/2004 11:18
Re: Pond Pumps #2
HI

dont know if this will be much help but do the makers of the pump not have a website which may offer help contact addresses etc.

chopper

Owner of 10 goldfish, Custard, Speedy, Spot, Natalie, Colonel, Goldy, Bulldog, Blackie and Pete and Sick Note and now five new babies that have bred in the pond,(oh and 1 plastic duck, 1 rubber duck, used to be 2 rubber ducks but the lawn mower at...
colsey colsey
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 27/7/2004 11:57
Re: Pond Pumps #3
Hi,

Have tried hozelock but sadly as yet no replies
johnknock johnknock
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • Posted on: 27/7/2004 15:22
Re: Pond Pumps #4
Hozelock Cyprio

01844 292002 and ask for customer services.

If you still don't hear anything let me know as I work in the trade and can get hold of my rep for you.
seanmckinney seanmckinney
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From County Antrim
  • Posted on: 27/7/2004 19:44
Re: Pond Pumps #5
Exactly what part is damaged? I think the screen cases and the impellor housing are available, if the former, get or ask for the later version, it has better catches.
If the latter try gluing it with model aircraft or solvent weld glue, from memory its ABS so the solvent weld glue should work and that smells just like airfix glue.
If it is the casing around the actual windings of the motor your are looking at a new pump sorry.
Sometime Hozelock's cs is not so good other times its brilliant. Recently my just over 2 year old titan packed in, I posted a letter to them on a Thursday which contained photo copies of the credit card counterfoil and statemnts, I had lost the original receipt. Over the weekend I emailed them a copy of a proof of purchase written by the shop and I had a replacement pump either Monday or Tuesday morning.

inder inder
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Berkshire
  • Posted on: 10/8/2004 7:56
Re: Pond Pumps #6
Hozelock are normally good, so give them a call. Else i'd be tempted to go invest in a new pump, as you mention the loss of the pump is causing major problems with your fish

I think the Titan have a two or three year warranty?