« 1 2 (3)
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators Registered Users Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 2010/11/23 17:08
Re: Buoyancy in Fancies #21
As long as there are bubbles from something Melafix and pimafix are a little oily which can cause a bit of oil to gather on the surface which doesn't help with oxygen exchange. As long as the surface is being broken up or there are bubbles going into the water it should be ok.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, some of mine get a bit grumpy if I have to use meds so I guess some are more sensitive than others. Give him a day or so to get used to it and see how he is then

Quote:

Neilos wrote:
Goldie problems are like buses, it seems

They certainly are! I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly though
It's Not Just A Fish
Neilos Neilos
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From North Humberside
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 2010/11/26 1:43
Re: Buoyancy in Fancies #22
Little update on their progress

Chub's back looks almost fully healed, which was the main thing worrying me - he still has his intermittant buoyancy problems but spends most of his time just being a goldie. Maybe he'll always be a bit of a floater...

Flump's not as moody as he was, still has a sit on the bottom a lot but not like he was when the stuff first went in - otherwise seems happy enough and spends a lot of time poking through the gravel looking for food with Chub.

Again, thanks immensely for the help - had never even heard of Mela/Pimafix, but they seem to have sorted little Chub out perfectly. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have a nice-smelling tank and two healthy little goldies
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators Registered Users Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 2010/11/26 17:08
Re: Buoyancy in Fancies #23
Great news on Chub's back That stuff does smell nice doesn't it! You're probably right that he'll always be prone to floatyness but at least you should be able to manage it a bit for him with diet etc. Glad they'rem looking better.
It's Not Just A Fish