dingweding dingweding
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From London
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 16/6/2010 1:00
:-( I might just kill one of my fish #1

as I just bought some panda moor, tonight I did a water change, I got them out of tank one by one and put into the bucket. But one of them jump and fall out of net. altough it fall into the bucket, the height it fall is at least 3ft.

then the fish struggle, i can see blood coming from its mouth, the whole body seems some kinda bleeding, as I can see blood dot everywhere. Now it does not swim, and even struggle to breathe

I felt so guilty, and pray for it to survive.
EagleC EagleC
  • Plants Adviser
  • Plants  Adviser
  • From Hampshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 16/6/2010 9:42
Re: :-( I might just kill one of my fish #2
First off, I think you're doing the water change wrong! Have a read of the beginners article on the water change, fish stay in the tank. http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/ ... ection/item.php?itemid=11

More to the point, don't kill the fish. If you can post a photo and details of the tank and water parameters we might be able to suggest a course of action. If you feel that is difficult or would not be fast enough then give your local vets a call and talk to them. Most decent vets have some experience of goldfish, if you're worried about the cost of a vets help mention it to them and they will often try to help you.
Ickl Devil Ickl Devil
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 16/6/2010 11:07
Re: :-( I might just kill one of my fish #3
Eagle I don't think Dingweding is saying they are going to kill the fish, they are worried they might have by their actions as they end the post praying it survives :0)

Keep us posted Dingweding. The faster you supply more info the fast FK Advisors can help you my friend.

We're all rooting for you and your panda moor.
Eggbut Eggbut
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Lincolnshire
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 16/6/2010 14:14
Re: :-( I might just kill one of my fish #4
I hope he/she's OK Dingweding, that is my big fear when we change ours to their new tank.

VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE LINK THAT EAGLEC PUT ON FOR YOU TO READ THOUGH.

I'll keep popping back here to see how you & the little 'fella's' getting on, good luck.

I can't pray for you, but I'll meditate on it.

Eggbut x.
dingweding dingweding
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From London
  • Posted on: 17/6/2010 13:35
Re: :-( I might just kill one of my fish #5
Thanks guy. Just let you know, it died...

I keep fish nearly 20 years now, sigh, from my experience, if you pay too much attention to them, sometime you just kill them soon. If u leave them alone, even they have some small problem, they normally recover themselve.

Sometimes you notice a fish has some tiny problem, you begin to try this and that, mostly will made thing much worse, if u leave them, they have ability to cure themselve. Currently I have 3 big tank full of goldfish or tropical fish. the rule applys for all.

eg. this time, these panda moor are very healthy when i bought them, and very active in my tank in the first a few days. Then I notice they are not so active suddenly, as they still in their first week in my tank, need adapt well.
normally, I will leave it, if things get worse, i may raise the temperature of tank, let the fish sort it out...

but panda moor is quite rare, thus i was a little panic, I did a water change, and try to give them a salt bath. However, this fellow drop out of net during the process...

His left face and body bleed under skin, I guess it is like you are knocked down by a car. I open his body today, his right gill is totally white and damaged, the left one looks ok..

If i leave him in the tank that day, i am sure he will be alright
Mr. S. Hill Mr. S. Hill
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Middlesex
  • Posted on: 17/6/2010 14:13
Re: :-( I might just kill one of my fish #6
Very very sad news. My condolences.
Violet Violet
  • Tropical Adviser
  • Tropical  Adviser
  • From West Yorkshire
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets FK Supporter Advisers Deep End
  • Posted on: 17/6/2010 19:50
Re: :-( I might just kill one of my fish #7
Hi dingweding

Like Eagle said, no need to move fish at all when doing water changes.

If you could fill in your profile with the sizes of the 3 tanks and current stock it would really help people trying to answer your posts as suey has already mentioned. Advising 'blind' is very hard.

Look after the water and the fish tend to look after themselves is my mantra Most illness and death is usually caused by the poor water readings. Which is why FK always asks for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH readings first

What are the readings in the panda moor tank? It may pinpoint why some of them are ill?
Please fill in your personal profile if you are posti