RachShafto RachShafto
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From County Durham
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/5/2010 22:36
Clowning around? #1
Hey guys

I came downstairs this morning and had a peer into my tank (part of my ritual: Fish, Coffee, Fag)and I got a little worried!

I have several bushes of green hair algae on my rocks. It's not a major issue as I have a Coral Angel who likes to munch through it. Anyway, one of my clowns was lying on top of one of the bushes on his side! The other clown was lying on his side on my power head. I assumed that they were dead but as I got closer, they shot off and began swimming around (and possibly laughing at me!). I checked my ammonia, nitrate and nitrite and they were all at zero and the fish have been fine all day.

Is this normal clown fish behaviour? Should I worry? I do love Bert and Ernie and don't want anything to happen to them!
How to make a small fortune: Start with a large fortune and then buy two fish tanks!
blinkster blinkster
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Hertfordshire
  • Posted on: 28/5/2010 23:27
Re: Clowning around? #2
howdy!
im gonna put your mind at ease straight away and tell you that your clown fish are just being themselves i have 4 clown fish myself and they like to lay on the submerged pump for my protien skimmer.

and to add to this factor my Regal tang hides away at night in a crack in my LR on her side! :)
RachShafto RachShafto
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • From County Durham
  • Posted on: 30/5/2010 14:10
Re: Clowning around? #3
Smashing, thanks love x
How to make a small fortune: Start with a large fortune and then buy two fish tanks!