spheon spheon
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From West Midlands
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 25/4/2010 16:02
Lamp replacement #1
Hi Everyone

It's come to that time where lamp life is coming to an end and I am preparing to purchase new ones...

The online 'direct lighting' places etc seem much cheaper and in most cases I can find the UV Vectra filter lamp replacements with no problem.

I gather (and please correct me if wrong) that a standard T5 lamp with >5000k will suit for the 'white' light and therefore a lamp with 850 coding or greater would suffice 8 indicating triphosphor (T5) and 50 being 5000k.

I have investigated nanometers and have established that a 420nm Actininc lamp (normal LFS stock) is at 10000k, this doesn't read true with what I have investigated - I feel that 400 is around 7500k - therefor would a 870+ lamp suffice or is there something special with it (I assume the kelvin automatically makes it blue?) - comparing costs the LFS seems to be around 300% more expensive!

Any advice appreciated and any lamp direct store that can be recommended would be welcomed too. I have found a few but none seem to 'stock' everything.

thanks in advance

Sph
Spheon

Fluval Vicenza 260L/55Gal Marine with Aquaworld MT50 quarantine Nano tank
spheon spheon
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From West Midlands
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 1/5/2010 12:15
Re: Lamp replacement #2
Spheon