sc0tt sc0tt
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From East Lothian
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 19/12/2009 20:50
Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #1
Purchased the above ,this looks like should be the easiest thing ever to operate but just want to check with anyone that has one what i'm doing is right as i can't get this to work .

As per the manual ,it states that when you first switch on ,the red light goes off & the a green light comes on & when it turns solid it will give a feed ??

With mines ,after a solid green light ,approx 10 seconds later it goes to a flashing red & no feed ever given .

I'm assuming this is faulty ??

New batteries are being used .
Fishy-Fishy Fishy-Fishy
  • Tropical Moderator
  • Tropical Moderator
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Moderators Advisers FK Supporter Deep End
  • Posted on: 19/12/2009 21:31
Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #2
Welcome to FK

I think all auto feeders are designed to make you lose your temper I haven't had any experience with a Juwel one but I'm sure that plenty of our members have.

What sort of batteries are you using?
sc0tt sc0tt
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From East Lothian
  • Posted on: 19/12/2009 21:42
Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #3
Thankyou Fishy for the kind welcome :)

I first put in the "Tengma" batteries that came with it but also tried with a new pair of Duracells yielding in the same result :(

There isn't much else i can try ,these things shouldn't be rocket science ,they aren't designed to do much .

It's either staring me right in the face or it's faulty ,hoping it's the latter ,well actually i'm not ,as i go on holiday for a week on Monday am .
pauld pauld
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Wiltshire
  • Posted on: 20/12/2009 17:16
Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #4
Hi - I just bought one and it did the very same. No mention in the manual of flashing red light so I googled on it and found your posting. In the end, I just fiddled about with it a bit and rotated the drum manually to see if it was stuck or anything. Turning it just a few degrees seemed to activate it in some way and it now works perfectly as per the instructions.

If it's any consolation I bought an interpet one a short time ago and it was a nightmare to program. After several false starts I finally got it to work, whereupon the velcro that attached it to the tank lid gave way and it fell in, never to recover.

Paul
sc0tt sc0tt
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From East Lothian
  • Posted on: 20/12/2009 17:42
Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #5
Paul ,many thanks for registering & sharing that with me !

I did try removing the feeding drum & turning the spindle manually whilst previously tinkering with it but it wouldn't budge & didn't want to force it as it doesn't look that robust .

Anyways after reading your post i tried it again with the drum on & a little more presure & hey presto it sprung to life !

Clearly it is common but with no mention in the manual .

Anyways a big thanks for your help .

Thats me off on my hols for Christmas & good to know my fish will have some food for Xmas themselves !

Have a good one everyone :)
Poupounex Poupounex
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From -
  • Posted on: 21/7/2010 9:36
Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #6
I love the Internet. Had the same problem with the Juwel feeder. Read your thread and put it back to work after rotating a little more the engine.

Thanks !
fishnet fishnet
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Norfolk
  • Posted on: 26/7/2010 17:35
Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder Problem #7
Just read this advice and it has been a lifesaver,I tried my juwel feeder this a.m no luck (lights flashed but nothing happenned), rotated the spindle with some pliers, now works a treat no probs. Thankyou.