jamielloyd jamielloyd
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From County Durham
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 23/10/2009 22:45
Bullying in my tank!!!! #1
I admit that if fully grown my tank is deffinately overstocked but i intend to split to 2 tanks.. I think those of you that visit the site regulary know about my aiptasia problem.. i recently added a threadfin butterfly fish.. 2 seconds after it was added it ate an aiptasia from the sand bed.. im hoping that it has a positive effect.. btw i mentioned buying one of these before and had a negetive response.. i havnt bought it for the problem alone.. i do actually really like the fish and believe it or not the other half thinks that she picked it lol.. if she only knew! BLESS!!!

sorry i missed out what i was tryin to say.. my clown hates her!.. im just guessin female btw.. i guess the reason is that it eat anemones.. my clown hates everyone though.. but they know their place.. the main concern is with my yellow clown goby.. is this because my butterfly fish may eat it if it reaches a decent size? my clown goby has never had any isssues with any other fish!!
bones bones
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Surrey
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 24/10/2009 10:19
Re: Bullying in my tank!!!! #2
i think its female clowns,i put a foxfaced in my tank wednesday and the first thing the female clown done was grab it by the tail lol she owns the tank and lets anything new know that,,,
thay are ok now though.
Howard Howard
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Surrey
  • Group: Registered Users Advisers
  • Posted on: 24/10/2009 10:24
Re: Bullying in my tank!!!! #3
Clowns are a member of the damsel family , and as such are aggressive.

My clowns bash my coral beauty and my mandarin whenever they get near , but they soon learn.
Original Image

Keep your friends close , but your anemones closer ....