kimbo321 kimbo321
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Hertfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 27/8/2009 10:33
Ramshorn snails #1
Hi, Perhaps you can advise me on what to do? I`ve got a small pond with 2 gold fish about 2-3 inches in size and a pair of sticklebacks, I`ve purchased some baby Ramshorn snails about 2-3mm in size will it be ok to put them in the pond now or will the fish eat them?
If not should I keep them in a large covered bowl or jar until they`er bigger ?
Thanks
Kim
suey2 suey2
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • Coldwater Moderator
  • From London
  • Group: Caresheets Moderators Registered Users Advisers Image Admin
  • Posted on: 30/8/2009 20:41
Re: Ramshorn snails #2
Hi Kim - only just seen this (oops!) - welcome to FK Goldies wil snack on small ramshorns I'm afraid. I have very tiny ones which I find in the filter but they are notably absent from from the tank ... I also found a biggish ramshorn being 'investigated' by one of my goldies so whipped him out until he was about an inch. He soon got the knack of battening down the hatches as soon as a goldie came casually strolling past
It's Not Just A Fish
kimbo321 kimbo321
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Hertfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 31/8/2009 8:46
Re: Ramshorn snails #3
Hi suey, I`ve put them in the pond now 3 days ago, but it`s impossible to spot any with a torch at night as they`re so small. so I don`t know if they have been snacked upon or not(i had about 12 of them)do you know if they grow very quickly?
I think I may buy a couple of adult ones if I don`t see any in the next week or 2.
kim