Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 19:56
Fish temptation #1
We were in a fish place today and naturally I took a look at their fish in the tanks and came across a young blue fantail boy was I tempted as I have never had a blue one before the only problem is untill I get my pond set up for my regular goldfish I have no room for any more fancy goldfish but it is like being a kiddie in a sweet shop the temptation is ohh so hard but I did resist maybe next time eh
Anonymous  
Re: Temptation #2
I was the same today, goldy, went to three fish shops, and oh I could have brought some angels, but until i get my new tank up and running, not really enough room for more fish, I could just squeese them in, but I dont want to rock the boat everything is nice at the moment. But I know exactly how you feel, a blue fantail ooooo dont think ive seen one.
I quite like axalotles, but you know, they need a tank to themselves, so i resisted.
Anonymous  
Re: Temptation #3
by the way got all the electric bits i need, a fluval 304 exteral filter, mike is going to fix the electric sockets inside the cabinet stand, so its all out of site.
Then i can buy my new tank, and get it all set up and running, then the best bit.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 20:12
Re: Temptation #4
I was also very tempted by a beautiful red betta Di (Siamese fighter for those of you who don't know what a betta is) he was stunning but thought I would wait until I had the tank set up for him properly first especially as my ph is so low
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 20:19
Re: Temptation #5
Quote:
by the way got all the electric bits i need, a fluval 304 exteral filter, mike is going to fix the electric sockets inside the cabinet stand, so its all out of site.
Then i can buy my new tank, and get it all set up and running, then the best bit

Sounds good how many tanks is it now Di, I have five including the hospital tank but only 2 set up and working at present, trying to think where to put the one I have been given which turned out to be a nice 3 foot tank with stand, as soon I know where to put it I am going to set it up as a river tank for the hillstream loaches, and then the 18" (5.5 gallon) one for a betta.
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 20:21
Re: Temptation #6
Oh yes, blue fantails are so beautiful. There is one huge blue calico (very unusual) in Chiltern Aquatics in Harlington where I go but I think he/she is only for display.

How many different tanks have you got Goldy and Fishyfeet if I may ask?
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 20:23
Re: Temptation #7
Pixie I will have 4 total set up when I do the 2 others plus 1 spare as a hospital/quarentine tank
Anonymous  
Re: Temptation #8
yea im considering a betta too, im on tank 3, have 2 set up the third is on its way, i have a little 5 gal not set up.
emergancy use only
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 5/7/2004 20:49
Re: Temptation #9
Pixie the 2 tanks I have set up and working are both goldfish tanks, 1 is my original 4ft with 2 female fancies in and a female comet that I had to take out of the Rena because the males where getting to frisky with them, the main tank is the Rena 150x50x70cm which you may have seen a photo of on here somewhere it contains a large regular goldfish, 3 comets and 4 fancies 2 of which are telescope fish 1 a black moor, also 3 hillstream loach which I am going to do the river tank for soon? + have 2 empty, one is a hospital tank when needed and the other I was thinking of getting some tropical fish in or maybe a siamese Fighter (betta) at this rate I will need a house just for the tanks