Fishy Fingers Fishy Fingers
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From County Down
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 24/1/2009 1:28
Searching the caresheets #1
Is there anyway of searching the care sheets by PH.
I was looking for a fish to suit my water conditions, I have to open each one to check, if we could search by feilds this would make it easer for the newbies to look up fish.
So much to learn.
So little time!
flappinganimal flappinganimal
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Essex
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter Caresheets
  • Posted on: 24/1/2009 4:40
Re: Searching the caresheets #2
Best way to do it I think is realy take your time. Have a look through, if you see one you like check you can match its requirements. If not keep looking.
Choseing fish is something that needs to be carefully considered and planned to avoid any future problems.
Whilst PH is very important it is not the sole requirement to look for when chosing the correct fish. You must think about things like temperature, temprament, size when fully grown, decor requirments, compatability, correct substrate, water movement. The list goes on.
When you find a fish you like but are still unsure if it would thrive in your setup just ask in the forums and someone will see you right.
EagleC EagleC
  • Plants Adviser
  • Plants  Adviser
  • From Hampshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 24/1/2009 12:15
Re: Searching the caresheets #3
Fishadmin discussed about improving usability of the caresheets a while ago. Some improvements have been made (you can now add comments and see who wrote the sheet and submitted the photo)
Others are "on the list".

I agree that being able to filter caresheets by PH, temperature, tank size and difficulty would be an excellent addition.