(1) 2 3 4 »
Anonymous  
posh goldfish bowls #1
Well lets consider the amount of people we know goldy that have had goldfish after goldfish in those things, I do like them they are very attractive, I did consider buying one when they first originally came on the market, but i just think its as bad as a goldfish bowl. The larger ones are a bit better, but then they would be, more able to cope with the fish media.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 25/6/2004 15:30
Re: posh goldfish bowls #2
I have only seen the one size biorb and short term 2 tiny fancys should be fine, you haven't seen how tiny my telescope one is. but long term you can not beat a good size fish tank.
Anonymous  
Re: posh goldfish bowls #3
I think they do about 3 sizes and they do look nice, I just get anxious when people (like lewis) start putting in fantails, they may be small now, but they do grow quite big (dont they goldy) does take them a while though, not the fastest growing fish.
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 25/6/2004 15:54
Re: posh goldfish bowls #4
I wouldn't recommend goldfish in them for beginners really, they should start with whiteclouds etc.
Anonymous  
Re: posh goldfish bowls #5
yep We agree, at last, right just need to educate everyone else now then lol
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 25/6/2004 18:06
Re: posh goldfish bowls #6
This is the one I have seen Di http://www.koivision.co.uk/acatalog/BiOrb_Aquariums.html
they have them on display (set up but with no fish in) in Jollyes, it is easy to see how misleading they can be to the amount of fish that can be kept in one
Anonymous  
Re: posh goldfish bowls #7
oh I agree, and if i didnt know what i do now, i would probably buy one too, with some little fantails in,
they do look nice.
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 19:34
Re: posh goldfish bowls #8
As an owner of 'a posh goldfish bowl' let me comment on this subject...
I absolutely agree with you that manufacturers' pictures with several goldfish in the bowl are very misleading, especially for beginners.
I think that biorbs are ok as ' a nursery' for young goldfish but it should be stated clearly in the instructions that at some point a bigger tank will be a must.
I cannot agree with the opinion that they are just as bad as ordinary goldfish bowls. I find aeration and filtration systems efficient and easy to maintain, have not had problems with water pollution and I think they are fine as long as you don't overstock or overfeed.
Anonymous  
Re: posh goldfish bowls #9
I saw a lovely one today with some moutain minnow in, looked very good. pets at home, did look really nice, quite big one though
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Posted on: 3/7/2004 19:44
Re: posh goldfish bowls #10
Quote:
Goldy wrote
Re: Cleaned and cycling
If you look at a biorb like it is a posh goldfish bowl with a filter then it isnt so bad to keep 2 very small fancy goldfish in one, as long as it has been cycled first and you keep up the maintenance, I have got a tiny telescope eyed fantail which would be fine for about a year in a biorb with another the same size as long as you get a larger tank for them as they grow it shouldnt be a problem, I know you don't like them Di but with common sence it can be done.

I still stand by that statement ladies all it takes is common sence but not everyone has some do they Di, like Lewis for instance