Fuzzy-logic123 Fuzzy-logic123
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 4/11/2008 19:06
Bi-Colour blennie and 2 clowns in an orca 450 is that too much fish? #1
While continuing the research i've come across mixed reports as to the minimum tank size for a bi-colour blennie some websites say 10gallons is ok others say a minimum of 30gallons. Does anyone have a bi-colour blennie in their Orca tl450?

If so can you also have 2 clowns in your tank as well, or is this too much fish?

Alternatively does anything think that just a pair of bi-colour blennies be able live ok in an orca tl450?

Many thanks
adamcrouch adamcrouch
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 4/11/2008 19:39
Re: Bi-Colour blennie and 2 clowns in an orca 450 is that too much fish? #2
the 2 clowns will be fine in there!
EagleC EagleC
  • Plants Adviser
  • Plants  Adviser
  • From Hampshire
  • Posted on: 5/11/2008 9:23
Re: Bi-Colour blennie and 2 clowns in an orca 450 is that too much fish? #3
My opinion is the Orcas 58L capacity is perhaps just do-able with some of the small clownfish species like the Percula or Common clown but really they should have nearly double this space. Larger species like the Maroon Clowns are definately no good for that size tank.

As for the bicolor blennie the majority of reading suggests that 30 gallons (US) is the required minimum so I think youre going to have to forget about them.
Coralline Coralline
  • Marine Adviser
  • Marine  Adviser
  • From Worcestershire
  • Group: Advisers Registered Users
  • Posted on: 5/11/2008 9:48
Re: Bi-Colour blennie and 2 clowns in an orca 450 is that too much fish? #4
i agree the bicolour needs a bit more room, due to their behaviour, they are active little fish, compared to clowns which naturally prefer to occupy a smaller area. my bicolour actually bites me if i am cleaning the glass near his end of the 4ft tank, thats half the tank i have to keep my eyes on the little bugger for when my hand is in there!
Gill

Resized Image

[url=http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/articles_51/fishless-cycling-article.htm] 'CLICK ME' - 'Fishless Cycling' information - how to prepare your new t...
Fuzzy-logic123 Fuzzy-logic123
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From -
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 5/11/2008 19:00
Re: Bi-Colour blennie and 2 clowns in an orca 450 is that too much fish? #5
Thanks for your comments, they confirmed my suspicions on the bi-colour blennie.

Just to check does the percula clown class include the Black & White False Percula, once again i'm getting conflicting guidance off the net.

Still the advice off the net is better than the advice from the salesperson in the lfs wearing the badge new to fish lol.

Thanks again
EagleC EagleC
  • Plants Adviser
  • Plants  Adviser
  • From Hampshire
  • Posted on: 5/11/2008 21:31
Re: Bi-Colour blennie and 2 clowns in an orca 450 is that too much fish? #6
The Black and White is "Amphiprion Ocellaris Var." so still the same species with the same size and requirements. Growing to about 3" they should just about be ok in an Orca.