lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/6/2004 15:05
Sleeping fish #1
Not seen anything like this before, I had been away for 2 days in Stratford and due to the short time away, hadn't bothered to ask anyone to check on my fish
When i returned home, quite tired from the drive, i was amazed to find one of my fish missing from the tank.
I thought said missing fish had died whilst i was away and my mum had removed it from the tank - it was no where to be seen!
I was quite upset and asked my mum what had happened, she knew nothing about any fish dying, just at that moment on closer inspection of the tank i saw a dark tail behind a plastic plant on the pink sand and i thought oh no! I went to get the net and suddenly the fish calmly floated up from behind the plant.....i think it was asleep!! it gave me such a fright but it was quite funny as it began to swim about as if to say what are you worrying about!

does anyone else have fish like this, who just pop off for a quick snooze
Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 21/6/2004 15:45
Re: Sleeping fish #2
Fish do that all the time Linsay don't worry, if there is somewhere for them to hide to take a nap they will find it, but they can give us a fright at times
lseaton lseaton
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 21/6/2004 16:38
Re: Sleeping fish #3
it gave me such a fright! to come back and think one of the fish had escaped out of the tank!!! and with there only being 3 of them it was easy to notice

I have never seen them do that before, but at least i know where to look now and am a bit comforted that they feel they have a safe place to go and sleep
Resized Image