chopper chopper
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Staffordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 16/6/2004 20:10
Green Water (Help) #1
Hi

Pond water has gone green, now i know it says that in 2-3 weeks it clears etc etc, but i am not one that has a lot of patience so i brought some Tetra AlgoRem and i have followed the instructions implicity. It stated that the algae would form in clouds which i would be able to net out, which it did a bit but not much. The water is still green, i expected it to go clear straight away (told u i had no patience) does it take a few days, or have i done something wrong?

I was expecting crystal clear water by tea time>

Chopper

Owner of 10 goldfish, Custard, Speedy, Spot, Natalie, Colonel, Goldy, Bulldog, Blackie and Pete and Sick Note and now five new babies that have bred in the pond,(oh and 1 plastic duck, 1 rubber duck, used to be 2 rubber ducks but the lawn mower at...
seanmckinney seanmckinney
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From County Antrim
  • Posted on: 16/6/2004 20:45
Re: Green Water (Help) #2
"I was expecting crystal clear water by tea time"
roflmao.
chopper chopper
  • Just can't stay away
  • Just can't stay away
  • From Staffordshire
  • Posted on: 16/6/2004 22:50
Re: Green Water (Help) #3
Thanks Sean

so how long does it take then?

chopper

Owner of 10 goldfish, Custard, Speedy, Spot, Natalie, Colonel, Goldy, Bulldog, Blackie and Pete and Sick Note and now five new babies that have bred in the pond,(oh and 1 plastic duck, 1 rubber duck, used to be 2 rubber ducks but the lawn mower at...
stevied stevied
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From Norfolk
  • Posted on: 17/6/2004 0:40
Re: Green Water (Help) #4
Hi Chopper don't worry so much not good for the heart
your green water will clear could take up to two weeks to clear completely ( did with my first pond )
although we don't like it it does the fish no harm.
you have a thread which said you have put a lily in if so this will help it clear. At the end of the day this is a natural transition the pond goes through and i say again don't worry it will be ok

STEVE
seanmckinney seanmckinney
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From County Antrim
  • Posted on: 17/6/2004 10:02
Re: Green Water (Help) #5
Truth be told I have no idea how long green water takes to clear, I have never had it. Besides which I wouldnt use chemicals.
Ponds 1 and 2 have been heavily planted right from the start and they grow Europe's BW supply which is probably why I dont get green water. Pond 3 isnt planted yet but swarms with daphnia and I am beginning to wonder if daphnias dine on algae.
So today I will dine on pea soup in pond 3 I expect.