(1) 2 3 4 ... 59 »
tashy tashy
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Midlands
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 6/6/2008 23:17
Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #1
Hey everyone, I've been a hermit sorting out my new tank woooo. HOWEVER have come across some problems as the instructions were crap! anyways if anyone has got this tank id love to know how to get rid of the bloody bubbles that get pumped into the tank by the overflow box, ive added the blue adapter and this has done nothing!!! thannkkyoouuuu

Tash
*i love my marine tank*

http://tashsmarinetank.blogspot.com/
smarttony smarttony
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Middlesex
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 7/6/2008 9:14
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #2
Hi Tash, nice to see u and u got that tank at last. As usual there is alway problem when it new. Here is a link for instruction on the filter, overflow etc if it the same one and hope it help.

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/marisys.php

It look like it coming from the skimmer. Check that it is fully fitted together and it not leaking out of it. Otherwise give it a week or so for it to bed in as it is fully intergrated with the system and you don't have anything to skim yet. Other tip is as the water from the skimmer enter the tank also is there any room to put polyfilter in between the skimmer and overflow to the tank which can help to reduce the bubbles. What is the blue adapter like and what is it for? HTH for now. will get back later.

Tony
Original ImageOriginal ImageOriginal Image
Original Image
tashy tashy
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Midlands
  • Posted on: 7/6/2008 17:27
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #3
Thanks tony yeh checked that its all set up properly and it is. I just think like you said I just need to wait until the skimmer has bed in, the micro bubbles have reduced a little bit, so i'll just keep an eye on it. Apart from the crap instructions the tank is awesome cannot wait for my fishes to have a bigger home in the next few weeks ill keep you updated.

Tash
*i love my marine tank*

mike5058 mike5058
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Hampshire
  • Posted on: 9/6/2008 7:46
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #4
Hi Tashy

I got the same tank, and yes had the same problem. I found that it comes down to level of the water, when i topped up a bit more ( or adjusted the overflow height down a bit) then the bubbles went away. I will be very interested as to how you get along with the set up as i still have some problems with a film building up on the top surface of the water and this not being taken down into the filter. Each day for about 1/2 hour I add an air pipe on to my extra powerhead with fills the tank with bubbles but breaks up the surface film and lets it get sucked down the overflow box.
I set up my tank about 6 weeks ago now and added my 1st 2 clown fish this week end so spending hours watching them swimming around now.
tashy tashy
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Midlands
  • Posted on: 9/6/2008 20:57
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #5
glad someone else has the same tank!! ill be asking you questions mike so be prepared hehe. Yeh the outlet is pretty powerful, have you added an additional powerhead too? was thinking of adding a koralia. Is it just my tank or are your moonlights two different colours/amazingly bright! How would you rate the tank so far? thats fab that you've added your first fish ive got a long wait to go yet, will be worth it though. One of my t5's has stopped working dont know whether a connection has come loose so going to sort that out now.

Tash
*i love my marine tank*

mike5058 mike5058
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Hampshire
  • Posted on: 11/6/2008 8:03
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #6
Hi Tash

Yeh the moonlights are bright and 2 different colours.
I did question the shop and they said it was right.
I am finding the tank great, I added the extra powerhead on the advice from the LFS, its quite a long tank and to get a good flow of water round all the rock they recomended it.
As a complete beginner i have taken their recomendations.
The Girl at the shop has 6 tanks with marines and she seems good at recomending me what not to buy, so that gives me the faith. I dont get much output from the skimmer only about 1 egg cup per day, what do you think does that sound enough? Had a heart attack after adding my 1st 2 clowns as i had a horrible Nitrite spike, ammonia was low but nitrite was bright pink. Did a quick 20% water change and a prayer.
Level now come down to 0 and fish and CUC seem fine. I will try and get some PICs done as seeing pics on this site is a great incentive to do well, and inspired me to have a go at this great hobby.

Mike
smarttony smarttony
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Middlesex
  • Posted on: 11/6/2008 14:43
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #7
dHi Mike, nice to know u have good advice from your lfs. you say you had a nitrite spike. Have you any cuc(clean up crews) and are they all there. Sometime a dead snail or hermit crab can cause a tiny spike if it has been left to rot but you did the right thing with water changes as you have clownfish. the skimmer sound to me it working well. Hurry up with the pics lol we love pics.

Tony
Original Image
tashy tashy
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Midlands
  • Posted on: 11/6/2008 16:24
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #8
Glad you are enjoying the tank! You'll definately have to get some pictures up soon! im going to put some up when ive got all my live rock in. I've had a bit of a bummer one of the white T5's has decided to stop working so i took the light panel all apart and its still not working so i think the bulb was duff as i originally thought it was the connection. So not very happy after only having it for 5 days. So going to get my lfs to sort it out and get a replacement. Yeh that sounds about right for the skimmer, sounds like its working well. The level of my water in the marisys is lower than the minimum level even though ive topped it up it shoots it back into the main tank and goes back to being underneath the minimum level any ideas of how to keep it above the minimum level? hehe. Yeh we definately all love pics looking forward to seeing them

Tash
*i love my marine tank*

mike5058 mike5058
  • Quite a regular
  • Quite a regular
  • From Hampshire
  • Posted on: 12/6/2008 7:38
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #9
Hi All

Have checked all mu CUC and all present and correct, have 10 red leg hermits, 3 turbo snails, 2 cleaner shrimps, lots of worms and other critters in the rock. Could be one of the unknowns died and rotted. Still everything is back to where it should be and looking good. I am feeding my clowns 3 times a day with a single small flake in morning, 1/4 block frozen mysis mid day, and 1/4 block same in evening. Does this sound about right? I don't want to over feed.
Regarding level of water in filter, drop the level of the overflow ( the inner round ring in the overflow box) down 2 clicks, or add a bit more water to the tank. Wait a couple of mins and the level will change in the filter box.
Will get some pics the weekend.

Mike
smarttony smarttony
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Middlesex
  • Posted on: 12/6/2008 13:40
Re: Has anyone got the aquamarine 900??? #10
As you've only a few fish I would suggest to feed 2 times a day and cut the 3rd frozen food off. I only feed my frozen food at least twice a week as a treat. Do it often or every day, most will end up in the chamber and spike nitrate up a bit if it not eaten. I used 2 type of flakes, morning marine flake, evening spirula algae flakes, and instead of algae flakes frozen one or other as a treat. HTH

Tony
Original Image