(1) 2 3 »
TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Group: Registered Users FK Supporter
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 17:18
Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #1
Just come back from Pets at Home, and I saw - not one, but TWO shoaling fish that were on their own. One was a female cherry barb in a tank with cories and tets, while the other was a Rummy Nosed Tetra that was in a tank with Hatchet fish and Royal Ram Cichlids. At first, I though they were fish left behind when the rest of the shoal have been sold on, but there were other tanks with cherries and Rummy Nosed Tetra in.

Not only that, but standing in front of the tank tanks with the plants in them, I watched in horror as a young family stopped in front of a tank with Pentazona barbs in. The mother casually lifted the lid of the tank, picked up the net - and used it to lift 2 barbs clean out of the water! The staff stood by and done nothing!! Watching this, her son wanted to copy Mummy!

The woman obviously has NO regard for the fish - and apparently encouraged it in her son! Her husband must have seen the look I cast them (pretty feeble I know but all I could do without strangling the woman in front of her son) and hurried his family on before I had a chance to say anything.

But that tet has really pulled at my sympathy nerve. I'm half tempted to go and get it - along with some of its own kind. Poor fish couldn't even hide because it had cichlids on every side guarding every hiding place.
T.L
Resized Image
Goldy Goldy
  • Forum Manager
  • Forum Manager
  • From Cheshire
  • Group: Registered Users Image Admin Caresheets Moderators Advisers
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 17:24
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #2
So hard to keep quiet at times isn't it instead of buying all the sad fish "so you end up with a shop full of your own" you could suggest to the staff that this fish would be happier in with the other tank full etc, as I did a while back when I noticed a load of young algae eaters/sucking loaches in with 2 large fancy goldfish and they where harassing and pecking at the fishes fins so mentioned it to the bloke there and he moved the two fancies into another tank
TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 17:54
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #3
Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning the lone fish to a member of staff, but they were all too busy. I even went back, but it was still busy
T.L
Resized Image
Anonymous  
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #4
Should have stood there and yelled till someone took notice ... it does work believe me and quickly
CameronR CameronR
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Sussex
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 18:05
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #5
At my p@h they've had new stock in, so shoaling fish there are actually in shoals
Anonymous  
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #6
Probably to many in that case they can't win can they lol
CameronR CameronR
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From West Sussex
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 18:17
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #7
Some were a bit crowded but quite a few had just 10-15 in them
TetraLinz TetraLinz
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Tyne & Wear
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 19:07
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #8
Would be nice for these fish if they were in shoals. I'm still hoping it was a simple case of these fish have been left behind and they'll be moved once things have calmed down.

As for yelling at the top of my voice - that's a tactic I never even considered
T.L
Resized Image
Fishadmin Fishadmin
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Spain
  • Group: Webmasters Registered Users LFS Caresheets Basic Membership Advisers
  • Posted on: 1/3/2008 19:22
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #9
Maybe I should design some uniforms for us to wear when we go into the LFS...

Soemthing like 'FK Tactical Action Squad' modelled on the Italian Carabinieri police uniform with nice bright blue berets.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2june_2007_438.jpg

Wouldn't need any shouting if wearing that
Anonymous  
Re: Thinking about going on another Rescue Mission #10
maybe some fish outfits n we can either stand squashed together or roam rond on our own ... just like their fish lol