(1) 2 »
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 5/6/2004 14:09
Poll - Fish on the Internet #1
I would like to raise this question: What do you think of buying aquarium fish on the Internet?
Anonymous  
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #2
I have many times and have never been disappointed, I usually go by personal recommendation, met other board members and swapped fry etc, occasionally you just have to
take a chance, im always fair and usually post my purchase experience online, i am a member of several boards, if i am pleased i am more than happy to recommend the company to other members, if not, I complain to the company and give them a chance to recify the situation, if they dont, then i feel if fair to warn others.

Is there a online company you are thinking of purchasing from pixie. ????
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Posted on: 5/6/2004 15:30
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #3
Nothing in particular, fishyfeet. Just wondered... Have you got any recommendations? I'm planning to get 'a friend' for my goldfish.
Anonymous  
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #4
well its usually at least £10 delivery fee, unless you find someone in your area, where about are you.
is your tank coldwater then i take it.

Im getting 4 bristlenose plecs from someone online in two weeks, as I am going near to where they live, we will meet up, I also traded guppies for endlers, met this guy in a carpark and swapped fish. I hadnt seen the endler before, but had posted a typial guppies pic, they were all different and he wanted 18 i think, and he said i trust your judgement so I picked out a variety. He was very pleased with them.
Anonymous  
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #5
As for types of fish, what size is the goldfish, is it fancy or single tail, what temp is the tank, how big is the tank, what filter do you have.

White cloud mountain minnows are coldwater fish, can be kept in tropical conditions although they live in freshwater streams in the wild, but if your goldfish is big they will feel threatened. Hong Kong Plecs or Butterfly plecs, Hillsteam loach are also coldwater they tend to feed on algae on tanks glass I had two but they both died.

Info on them here

http://www.petresources.net/fish/cyprinid/bea_kwe.html

I think the best companion for your goldfish in prob another goldfish,prehaps a different colour or if its fancy
they you have got, fantail, oranda, black moor, celestral,
bubble eye, veiltails, pearlscales, ranchu and ryukin.
To name but a few.

Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Posted on: 5/6/2004 16:11
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #6
It's a small fantail goldfish (probably not older than 6 months, body about 3,5 cm excl. the tail), the temp. in the tank is now 24C, 30 litres capacity, internal filter with active resins. My tank is cold water biorb. I saw a fancy called calico fringetail on the goldfishbowl.co.uk and fell in love with it. A beautiful tail! Shops in my area (Bedford) don't seem to have a wide choice of fantails at the moment.
How do you tell a veiltail from a fantail? Many of them look so alike to me.
Anonymous  
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #7

Not sure if this pic will work, right second attempt

your tank is about 75 which is spot on for fantails

30 litres if a bit small for a full sized goldfish let alone any more, so unless you are thinking of upgradeing to a larger tank in the future i would add another goldfish.
I know they are small now, so was you, now look, goldfish grow quickly and they have high waste output, if the filter
cannot cope then the water quality will suffer, and so will the fish.

Fantails have a tail that goes up and then splits into two and trails from the second half. Veil tails have a long flowing maily fin tail split in half at the body. However because of cross breeding there are many that neither one or the other, mis named and so on. Basically if you like the fish, thats it. Resized Image
Anonymous  
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #8
sorry pixie i pressed new post instead of reply

see my other post on fantail
Pixie Pixie
  • Home away from home
  • Home away from home
  • From Bedfordshire
  • Posted on: 5/6/2004 17:21
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #9
Thanks. Nice picture. So, is this a picture of fantail or veiltail? I will try to post mine as soon as I get Dear Husband to upload his software onto my laptop.
The fish is very active so I faced some difficulties taking the pics...
Anonymous  
Re: Poll - Fish on the Internet #10
its a fantail, the veiltail has a long droopy veil like tail hense the name. His is held up, like a fan.