trigger trigger
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Group: Registered Users Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 3/6/2004 21:32
filter on juwel 125 #1
hi all, my beta went missing, i searched everywhere. the last place i thought of looking was in the filter, and there he was, dead inside. i will realy miss him, he was so friendly, he always came up to my hand when i was doing water changes. this is the second fish i have lost like this, the first was a albino cory, but he was only very small. but i did not think my beta, would be able to get inside the filter. is there anything i can do to stop anymore going inside, i dont know where he has got in. the only place is the pipe that sticks out the front of the filter, but as i said. i did not think my beta would have fitted through that. if anyone can help, would very much appreciated. cheers. takecare. kind regards. trigger.
marcshedden marcshedden
  • From Avon
  • Group: Registered Users Caresheets Basic Membership
  • Posted on: 3/6/2004 21:54
Re: filter on juwel 125 #2
Hi Trigger,

Bettas are very small fish if you disregard all the finnage, and most individuals can easily fit into the outlet pipe on a Juwel filter - however, this situation should never arise, as the filter should be running 24 hours a day, so I can only conclude that the poor thing must have flipped itself onto the filter cover and managed to get into the filter through a gap there. Just one of those things, I'm afraid. There are hundreds of freak occurrences which make us tear our hair out as fishkeepers, but you can't avoid the unavoidable!

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Marc
trigger trigger
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 3/6/2004 22:26
Re: filter on juwel 125 #3
hi marc, thanks for your reply. could it have happened when i have been doing a water change, as i always turn the filter of, just incase it gets damaged. it might have swam in, just after i turned it of. is there anything you can put over the hole ?. takecare. kind regards. trigger.
Anonymous  
Re: filter on juwel 125 #4
I lost some cory fry like this too, they swim into the filter whilst i am cleaning it out and i didnt notice them when i pust the sponge back, it pays to do a head count when inserting the sponge, just to check. di
trigger trigger
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Posted on: 4/6/2004 22:19
Re: filter on juwel 125 #5
hi di, thanks for the reply, have you got a juwel tank. i will have to put a piece of mesh or something over it when cleaning. takecare. kind regards. trigger.
Anonymous  
Re: filter on juwel 125 #6
used to geoff, now i have a fluval